MAGA rioters storm the Senate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Admiral X
Captain

Re: MAGA rioters storm the Senate

Post by Admiral X »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:54 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:45 pm Why do you pretend protestors who made death threats to my family, on the virtue of them being directed at any and all police officers, don't exist?
Because this conversation isn't about you or your family.
Yeah, don't bring up bad things MY tribe did! :lol:
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Admiral X wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:00 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:54 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:45 pm Why do you pretend protestors who made death threats to my family, on the virtue of them being directed at any and all police officers, don't exist?
Because this conversation isn't about you or your family.
Yeah, don't bring up bad things MY tribe did! :lol:
Is that really your only response trying to derail any real conversation.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

OMG, are we about to question Admiral X's ethnic background again? :roll:

If so, then maybe I should just refuse to, say, take Fuzzy Necromancer's claims at face value that that user was just peacefully protesting. Or that Dragon Ball Fan has a cop relative.

Because you see once we fall down that rabbit hole, how easy it is to never trust anything?

All those aforementioned, I do believe in, BTW.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Captain Crimson wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:28 pm OMG, are we about to question Admiral X's ethnic background again? :roll:
I don't think that's what's going on here; I think X was using 'tribe' colliqually, i.e. Democrats. And well Best is arguing that talking about the anti-police thing is irrelevant and derailing.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

TGLS wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:41 pm
Captain Crimson wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:28 pm OMG, are we about to question Admiral X's ethnic background again? :roll:
I don't think that's what's going on here; I think X was using 'tribe' colliqually, i.e. Democrats. And well Best is arguing that talking about the anti-police thing is irrelevant and derailing.
That is correct TGLS. I want it on record I didn't mention X race in my comments.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

FWIW, I sure didn't take it that way either. I am indeed referring to political tribes as it applies here.
-TR
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:45 pm
Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:30 pm
Admiral X wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:26 pm
Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:09 pm So we have one group of people that protested decades of police brutality and systemic racism, and another group of people that set up a gallows, stormed the Capitol Building, and chanted "Hang Mike Pence" and it's the former group that are brownshirts?
And yet another example of how you ignore wrongdoing on the part of your tribe while trying to highlight the wrongdoing of another.
The funny thing is that not only are you trying to equate the attempted murder of potentially hundreds of elected officials with vandalism and looting, we have significant evidence that much of the vandalism and looting during the BLM protests was instigated by right wing agitators.
The funny thing about Trump and the media is that they spent the better part of the last 5 years treating him with kid's gloves,

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni7H6RqtN8A[/youtube]
You can't be serious.
I am very serious.
Why do you pretend protestors who made death threats to my family, on the virtue of them being directed at any and all police officers, don't exist?
I'm going to tell you something my father told me.
You need to learn that you are not the center of the universe.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Looks like you never learned that lesson. ;)
-TR
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:49 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:45 pm
Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:30 pm
Admiral X wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:26 pm
Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:09 pm So we have one group of people that protested decades of police brutality and systemic racism, and another group of people that set up a gallows, stormed the Capitol Building, and chanted "Hang Mike Pence" and it's the former group that are brownshirts?
And yet another example of how you ignore wrongdoing on the part of your tribe while trying to highlight the wrongdoing of another.
The funny thing is that not only are you trying to equate the attempted murder of potentially hundreds of elected officials with vandalism and looting, we have significant evidence that much of the vandalism and looting during the BLM protests was instigated by right wing agitators.
The funny thing about Trump and the media is that they spent the better part of the last 5 years treating him with kid's gloves,

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni7H6RqtN8A[/youtube]
You can't be serious.
I am very serious.
Why do you pretend protestors who made death threats to my family, on the virtue of them being directed at any and all police officers, don't exist?
I'm going to tell you something my father told me.
You need to learn that you are not the center of the universe.
So, I should just ignore the psychos within BLM until they hunt down and murder my whole family either for being cops or being related to cops?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

You need to learn how to discuss and contemplate other people's problems without bringing up your problems as a Gotcha. It's part of being a decent human in a functioning society.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville