Hamas Attacks Israel

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Thebestoftherest »

What did they do this time?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Just me responding to BridgeConsoleSmasher's comment.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:49 pm Just me responding to BridgeConsoleSmasher's comment.
It’s a better response than you constantly insinuating that Israel should do nothing about the Hamas attacks.

But yes I know that your position has to do with the lives of innocent people being lost to a racist dictator. Just pointing that out over and over again without getting into any nuance about how international relations work, much less the fact that this is still a conflict issue between a recognized state body and a insurrectionist terrorist group, gets somewhat redundant.
Power laces... alright.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Here is an interesting side story to all of this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/caref ... r-AA1nFqAL
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:40 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:49 pm Just me responding to BridgeConsoleSmasher's comment.
It’s a better response than you constantly insinuating that Israel should do nothing about the Hamas attacks.
But Israel isn't doing something in response to the Hamas attacks. It's doing something it's wanted to do for a long time and would do with or without Hamas, which is massacre Palestinians. The casus belli here is a convenient fig leaf stuck over a campaign of genocide. "But Hamas" is just a way to wallpaper over mass slaughter of civlians.

How would you feel if somebody bombed your neighborhood because they said there were terrorists somewhere in one of the buildings?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:24 am
But Israel isn't doing something in response to the Hamas attacks.
Everything else you wrote is on point as far as I care, and I don't think the point is missed on more balanced perspectives on the issue. But this is just nonsensical and contrary to what we know about what Hamas did or is doing. It's like saying we didn't go to Afghanistan and do the PATRIOT act because of 9/11.
Power laces... alright.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Well, did we already have Afghanistan occupied for decades in an apartheid state?
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:24 am
But Israel isn't doing something in response to the Hamas attacks. It's doing something it's wanted to do for a long time and would do with or without Hamas, which is massacre Palestinians. The casus belli here is a convenient fig leaf stuck over a campaign of genocide. "But Hamas" is just a way to wallpaper over mass slaughter of civlians.

How would you feel if somebody bombed your neighborhood because they said there were terrorists somewhere in one of the buildings?
It's the irony if the situation; Israel is so scared of another holocaust that they are causing another holocaust, only this time they are the ones in the tanks.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:34 pm Well, did we already have Afghanistan occupied for decades in an apartheid state?
I would say no.

While that adds context to the situation, it doesn't really change that you're establishing a false dilemma between Israel's illegitimacy in the region with a recognized act of war on the state of Israel itself, saying that one is going on but not the other as far as how we interpret the situation.
Power laces... alright.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

CNN called a six-year-old girl killed by Israel a "woman".