Life Expectancy for American Women in the shitter

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Life Expectancy for American Women in the shitter

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-mill ... e%20report.

Well...damn. Something else to drink about I guess. ._.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Life Expectancy for American Women in the shitter

Post by McAvoy »

I have been hearing about the death during birth rate going up. Does anyone know why?
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Our maternal healthcare sucks ass, especially for black women.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:50 am Our maternal healthcare sucks ass, especially for black women.
I have heard that too. But what is going on that it would actually decline? Think about it. Black women didn't exactly have a great time 70, 60, 50, 40 etc years ago. How is it going up?

Healthcare system truly that broke? Just curious on what is really causing it?
I got nothing to say here.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

I can't read the article as it is asking for a log in so i'm going to make a guess here at modern lifestyle.

A hundred years ago your life as a woman consisted of little more than baking bread, cleaning the house and pumping out babies. It was the men who went to war, had unhealthy lifestyles, handled asbestos, breathed in lead fumes from lead paint etc.

Nowadays women smoke, drink, are obese, don't exercise, have unprotected sex with multiple partners, take part in extreme sports, work in dangerous jobs and sometimes even go to war. it should not be a suprise that women's lifespans aren't as impressive anymore.

And as for the question about death in childbirth, its all linked. If you are are obese with ashy lungs and a bad liver then you are going to be less up to the massive strain of childbirth. Its the same for the career women who have kids later and later on. The ideal age for a kid is 18-25 - that is medical fact. You put that off even ten years you are at risk.

And before anyone accuses me of getting at women, its the same for men. Sperm counts are in the crapper probably due to too many Big Mac's and man-made chemicals.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

You can bypass the login by turning on reader mode.

The article blames it on the big increase in suicide and homicide over the last few years, and also notes homicide is the most common cause of death during pregnancy.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

hammerofglass wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:03 pm homicide is the most common cause of death during pregnancy.
Fuck...
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

hammerofglass wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:03 pm You can bypass the login by turning on reader mode.

The article blames it on the big increase in suicide and homicide over the last few years, and also notes homicide is the most common cause of death during pregnancy.
Oh. That's disgraceful.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

clearspira wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:40 pm I can't read the article as it is asking for a log in so i'm going to make a guess here at modern lifestyle.

A hundred years ago your life as a woman consisted of little more than baking bread, cleaning the house and pumping out babies. It was the men who went to war, had unhealthy lifestyles, handled asbestos, breathed in lead fumes from lead paint etc.

Nowadays women smoke, drink, are obese, don't exercise, have unprotected sex with multiple partners, take part in extreme sports, work in dangerous jobs and sometimes even go to war. it should not be a suprise that women's lifespans aren't as impressive anymore.

And as for the question about death in childbirth, its all linked. If you are are obese with ashy lungs and a bad liver then you are going to be less up to the massive strain of childbirth. Its the same for the career women who have kids later and later on. The ideal age for a kid is 18-25 - that is medical fact. You put that off even ten years you are at risk.

And before anyone accuses me of getting at women, its the same for men. Sperm counts are in the crapper probably due to too many Big Mac's and man-made chemicals.
Dude, what the fuck?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:26 pm
clearspira wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:40 pm I can't read the article as it is asking for a log in so i'm going to make a guess here at modern lifestyle.

Dude, what the fuck?
What the fuck what? I literally have no idea what you mean.

Do you honestly think that our modern lifestyles are not a major contributing factor to our lifespans stalling?

We. Are. The. Unhealthiest. That. We. Have. Ever. Been.

We're ridiculously fat, we eat vast quantities of food with no nutritional value that is full of chemicals, we're massively indulgent on every single vice, many barely get any sunlight at all as they are glued to their monitors in darkened rooms, we have statistically one of the loneliest populations in recorded history, and the exercise rate for the average person is close to zero.

It is also a fact like it or not that women simply were not allowed to live these lifestyles until a few decades ago. Women weren't even allowed their own bank account in America until 1974. The West didn't used to be too far behind the Middle East in its restrictions on women and that is within the living memory of Gen X - not some far flung past.

If you're referring to what the article actually says, I literally said that I didn't read it, and I expressed my horror when it was explained to me.