Biden V Trump: the rematch of the century

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
clearspira
Overlord

Biden V Trump: the rematch of the century

Post by clearspira »

Nikki Haley has dropped out after both Biden and Trump win big on Super Tuesday.

Here we are. The return of 2020 folks!

Let's open it to the floor: predictions, worries, thoughts?

1) I think that its going to be too close to call. Biden's health and foreign policy towards Israel have wounded him. Just this week in England a by-election was lost by the two main parties because of their stance on Gaza - it is not hyperbole to say that votes will be lost over this.

2) If Trump wins, he will go after every single one of his enemies both foreign and domestic with an iron fist and twice as hard as last time. That means immigrants, the end of NATO, the end of arms deals to Ukraine, and he'll absolve himself of as many criminal charges as he can. ''Closer'' relations to Russia a guarantee.

3) Another January the 6th style attack is extremely likely if Trump loses.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Biden V Trump: the rematch of the century

Post by hammerofglass »

I honestly thought Haley was going to hold on until the convention so she'd win by default if Trump dropped dead or was in prison.

I do wonder who Trump will make his running mate. Pence he hates now, Haley and him hate each other. MTG seemed to be gunning for it a while back but he never seemed interested. There was talk about Robert Kennedy Jr. a while ago but I think he dropped the idea.

There's a decent chance one or both of them won't make it to November. Biden's in decent shape for his age but he's still 81 and definitely slowing down; Trump appears to be actively dying in recent appearances.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Biden is old, no doubt, and I doubt he's 100% there. Trump, like Hammer said, is DYING and you can tell, and his mind is gone. So, ya know... he's gonna be voted in by millions and people will still be confused how he won.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I mean I have no doubt Trump will lose by a landslide but it is an utter disaster for democracy he's not in prison now and allowed to run.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:59 pm I mean I have no doubt Trump will lose by a landslide but it is an utter disaster for democracy he's not in prison now and allowed to run.
You say that and yet so many people predicted he'd lose in a landslide. Twice.

He won once, he lost another but not that far. Problem is, as much as I hate to admit it... he has fans. I hate he does, but he does.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Nobody700 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:11 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:59 pm I mean I have no doubt Trump will lose by a landslide but it is an utter disaster for democracy he's not in prison now and allowed to run.
You say that and yet so many people predicted he'd lose in a landslide. Twice.

He won once, he lost another but not that far. Problem is, as much as I hate to admit it... he has fans. I hate he does, but he does.
I mean, yes, he lost huge last time.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

clearspira wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:47 pm1) I think that its going to be too close to call. Biden's health and foreign policy towards Israel have wounded him. Just this week in England a by-election was lost by the two main parties because of their stance on Gaza - it is not hyperbole to say that votes will be lost over this.
I'll say this much: anyone who's voting against Biden because he's soft on Israel is at best overly emotional.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

TGLS wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:14 pm
clearspira wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:47 pm1) I think that its going to be too close to call. Biden's health and foreign policy towards Israel have wounded him. Just this week in England a by-election was lost by the two main parties because of their stance on Gaza - it is not hyperbole to say that votes will be lost over this.
I'll say this much: anyone who's voting against Biden because he's soft on Israel is at best overly emotional.
I mean it's perfectly valid...or would be if Trump didn't openly suggest Israel should wipe the Palestinians out.

Biden is trying to be a friend to Israel to exert influence in favor of Palestine and it's failing.

Trump is a monster.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

I don't think Trump is dying. But he certainly losing his mind and it looks like it's accelerating now.

Just want this country really needs is a Geriatric Presidential Race.
I got nothing to say here.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

TGLS wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:14 pm
Depends on how affected you are by photographs of dead and starving children, I guess.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.