Biden V Trump: the rematch of the century

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Biden V Trump: the rematch of the century

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Nothing fringe about it. It's what the Republicans are and have been for decades. It's the evil at the heart of an evil political party.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:27 am Without a doubt MTG is the poster child for MAGA. I do wonder how this will all go down if Trump is not elected this year and how MAGA will survive past that. Will they continue or just slowly melt away into the dark.
Depends if Trump dies before 2028.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Yeah kinda. MAGA crowd mostly doesn't have the institutional legs to get the old money votes. They're far too radical and when left to their own devices will tear apart state lines that put the old money in place in the first place. Trump's been around long enough and has enough report to actually wade in those waters.
Power laces... alright.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Even Speaker Johnson, who's just openly a theocratic lunatic himself, refuses to work with the MAGA caucus or take them seriously.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

I will say this, and then I will speak no more on it.

Using the Keys to the White House, prediction system created by Pro. Allan Lichtman who has accurately predicted every election since 1984 in he says, When five or fewer of the following statements are false, the incumbent party is predicted to win the election. When six or more are false, the incumbent party is predicted to lose.

Currently the keys stand as such.

Midterm gains: FALSE
No primary contest: TRUE
Incumbent seeking re-election: TRUE
No third party: LEANS TRUE
Strong short-term economy: LEANS TRUE
Strong long-term economy: LEANS FALSE
Major policy change: TRUE
No social unrest: TRUE
No scandal: TRUE
No foreign/military failure: LEANS FALSE
Major foreign/military success: LEANS FALSE
Charismatic incumbent: FALSE
Uncharismatic challenger: TRUE

That gives us 4 False Keys with one undecided but will likely lean on False which gives us 5 so as of right now it seems that Biden will win Re-Election.

Let's us never speak of me being here again! I'm going back to playing video games about people having powers after they got bitten by a spider.
Last edited by Winter on Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

You know what sickens me? The news media coverage. The way they treat this like an ordinary election because "we have to cover both sides" bullshit.

They should be preceding every statement about 45 with a mention of the charges he's currently facing and that he contested the election he lost and started a riot. None of this is fucking NORMAL! Gods know this country is FULL to the brim with problems, but we ALWAYS had a peaceful transfer of power until this man disrupted it because nobody ever told him "no" in his entire adult life.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:38 am You know what sickens me? The news media coverage. The way they treat this like an ordinary election because "we have to cover both sides" bullshit.

They should be preceding every statement about 45 with a mention of the charges he's currently facing and that he contested the election he lost and started a riot. None of this is fucking NORMAL! Gods know this country is FULL to the brim with problems, but we ALWAYS had a peaceful transfer of power until this man disrupted it because nobody ever told him "no" in his entire adult life.
It's very frustrating. The normalization of the inexcusable is at all-time extremes.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Too many yes men, moral cowards, nutsos, and the like to do so. A reminder that Trump doesn't have thousands of supporters, but MILLIONS, TENS OF MILLIONS, and it's because we as a country have failed to curtail this. People WANT Trump to win for no reason, but because they want to destroy democracy and restart America in the same way the Confederates wanted. A religious run racist imperalist empire.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

J!! wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:58 pm Image
I'd change the Tuna melt to rotten Tuna melt. Technically you can eat it, maybe even stomach it. But even you don't, you will get over it. The other option? Not so much.
I got nothing to say here.