Billionaire drowns in Tesla due to super strong glass

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Nobody700
Officer

Re: Billionaire drowns in Tesla due to super strong glass

Post by Nobody700 »

Look I have no love for billionaire's either, but jesus christ she DROWNED TO DEATH because of the actions of ANOTHER billionare deciding his piece of shitmobile should be super special. Some are blaming her for being in charge OF THIS VERY THING as a woman who caused a lot of regulation to go down, but JAY SUS, I don't want her to drown to death. NO ONE, even Muskrat himself, the guy I 100% blame for this, should ever die that way.

To clarify, yes, I blame Musk. He KNEW why car windows were like this, and said 'but I wanna be cool so no'. His car is shit, and he IS Shit.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

The trial for this is going to be interesting.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I think it seems at the very least ironic to see the people responsible for slashing regulations die because of the newly lax standards, as if they weren't also going to cost other people their lives.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:09 am https://apnews.com/article/angela-chao- ... zzqsRsahbQ

Thought this was parody at first when I saw it. I'm glad there's one less billionare but I'm worried because my mom drives a Tesla.
You're glad someone's died. Charming.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

AS for the car, it's rolled in to some water and not been found for four hours. Now I'm no fan of Musk or Tesla but in just how many cars would you be fine with that? There have been other cases of cars ending up in water and people drowning - getting out of a submerged car is a lot hard than people think.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:40 pm
clearspira wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:00 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:09 am I'm glad there's one less billionare
Please tell me that's a joke because you are a pretty nasty piece of work if you think that someone deserves to die just because they have money.
I don't think somebody deserves to die for having money. I think you don't become a billionaire without being truly, utterly evil, and you don't stay one without being even worse.

Imagine you walk past somebody who is drowning. You choose not to do anything to save them. You let them drown without even acknowledging their cries for help. That would make you a pretty horrible person, right?

A billionaire is somebody who walks past people they could save from drowning without even getting wet, every second of every day, and they get that rich by owning a business pushing people into the water. Every single billionaire is a monster.
So where do you draw the line with that? Because you could apply it to every single person in the world except the one poorest person. Whilst I'm no fan of taking a one extreme or the other as being the only meaningful options point of view I rather suspect a case of "one rule for me, another for people I don't like" here.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Hey will someone get sue over this or no?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Riedquat wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:52 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:40 pm
clearspira wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:00 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:09 am I'm glad there's one less billionare
Please tell me that's a joke because you are a pretty nasty piece of work if you think that someone deserves to die just because they have money.
I don't think somebody deserves to die for having money. I think you don't become a billionaire without being truly, utterly evil, and you don't stay one without being even worse.

Imagine you walk past somebody who is drowning. You choose not to do anything to save them. You let them drown without even acknowledging their cries for help. That would make you a pretty horrible person, right?

A billionaire is somebody who walks past people they could save from drowning without even getting wet, every second of every day, and they get that rich by owning a business pushing people into the water. Every single billionaire is a monster.
So where do you draw the line with that? Because you could apply it to every single person in the world except the one poorest person. Whilst I'm no fan of taking a one extreme or the other as being the only meaningful options point of view I rather suspect a case of "one rule for me, another for people I don't like" here.
No, it couldn't. I don't have the power to help literally everyone. Billionaires do.

I draw the line at not being a billionaire. It's possible to earn a million dollars. The only way you can become a billionaire is by crushing people underfoot.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Thebestoftherest wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:28 pm Hey will someone get sue over this or no?
That would certainly be an appropriate outcome for somebody who's mad max fantasy meant they failed to comprehend the most basic nature of car safety features.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:34 pm
No, it couldn't. I don't have the power to help literally everyone. Billionaires do.

I draw the line at not being a billionaire. It's possible to earn a million dollars. The only way you can become a billionaire is by crushing people underfoot.
Billionaires don't have the power to help everyones. You probably do have the power to help some people. Billionaires, many more, yes, but most of us can still help a few. Should anyone be expected to go out and look for others to help? There's no obligation to be a saint. Not being an angel doesn't make someone a demon.

Being very successful doens't mean crushing people underfoot. Admittedly I can't think of an extremely rich people I've got a particularly good opinion of, but that's mostly from crushing other businesses rather than people, but it's easy enough to find far worse people on the street every day.