Billionaire drowns in Tesla due to super strong glass

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
CmdrKing
Captain

Re: Billionaire drowns in Tesla due to super strong glass

Post by CmdrKing »

Excellent job of ignoring the underlying argument.

No billionaire earned their billions. Literally all of them obtained them by exploiting the hard work of others. Usually via theft or abuse of their collaborators and employees (see Zuckerberg, Bezos), though sometimes through pillage and blood (see; the UK royal family, Musk).
Very little of it is attributable to their “work ethic”. Quite simply hard work and luck can get you millions, but not that order of magnitude more.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Someone else who can't see past the chip on their shoulder and makes an argument by elevating to rather silly extremes I see.

Now I can't imagine anyone getting that rich without being somewhat unpleasant, and engaging in the type of business practice I don't have much of a positive opinion of, but come on, keep it realistic.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

It really isn't. You have to do unspeakable things to become a billionaire. You can't get that rich without making thousands of people poor.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Probably a lot of unpleasant things. Exaggerating that to unspeakable, and implying always, that's just exaggerated prejudice. Funny how the most self-righteous are so often full of that.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Do you think that with her gone and dead they might want to tighten restriction on what Tesla can do
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Her death is exactly how you'd kill someone in a scifi movie.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:27 pm Her death is exactly how you'd kill someone in a scifi movie.
"Doctor Who: Episode 404: The Sontaran Stratagem" started with a nosy reporter's car driving itself into a lake.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:56 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:27 pm Her death is exactly how you'd kill someone in a scifi movie.
"Doctor Who: Episode 404: The Sontaran Stratagem" started with a nosy reporter's car driving itself into a lake.
Happened twice in UPLOAD too.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Riedquat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:58 am Probably a lot of unpleasant things. Exaggerating that to unspeakable, and implying always, that's just exaggerated prejudice. Funny how the most self-righteous are so often full of that.
Its funny. Amazon could do something about their business practices and Bezos would still be super rich. I think he earns like $14 million an hour. He could definitely drop a million an hour on anything that would improve worker conditions.

There is other things Amazon does but improving worker conditions wouldnt be that hard to implement.
I got nothing to say here.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:17 am
Riedquat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:58 am Probably a lot of unpleasant things. Exaggerating that to unspeakable, and implying always, that's just exaggerated prejudice. Funny how the most self-righteous are so often full of that.
Its funny. Amazon could do something about their business practices and Bezos would still be super rich. I think he earns like $14 million an hour. He could definitely drop a million an hour on anything that would improve worker conditions.

There is other things Amazon does but improving worker conditions wouldnt be that hard to implement.
It seems more of an issue of trying to hastily establish a shipping company within their operations more than a lack of funding.
Power laces... alright.