English NHS bans puberty blockers

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
hammerofglass
Captain

English NHS bans puberty blockers

Post by hammerofglass »

In a burst of performative cruelty, the 80-odd kids who managed to get through the gauntlet to actually recieve care are having it taken away so the Tories can have some culture war points for the upcoming election.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... hs-england

All of these kids are going to have lifelong trauma over this, and several will die because of it. Completely unconscionable behavior.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: English NHS bans puberty blockers

Post by hammerofglass »

Oh and apparently to do this they found the one doctor who thought mutilating trans kids by forcing them through the wrong puberty was a good idea and out him in charge so he could enforce it. That's some Florida level bullshit right there.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I'm disappointed, but I'm not surprised.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I shouldn't be surprised, I'm not when American conservatives do the same thing and I'd always heard it's bad over there. Still expected better of them for some reason.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️