Fuck the Cass Report

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Fuck the Cass Report

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Here are some highlights:

I can't even imagine being trans in the UK and seeing this come out.

You know, the thing about natural laws and natural behavior is they don't need somebody to enforce them.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Fuck the Cass Report

Post by McAvoy »

I downloaded the report. Holy crap its well over 200+ pages long.

I will try to give it a read.

The last part in your picture is wrong. Children play with toys and it's only social gender structures that pretty much force them to play with the gender appropriate toys. As in girls play with Barbie and boys play with GI Joe. But nevermind that boys will play with Barbies or girls will play with GI Joe until they are told no. Also children tend to mimic what the adults do too. With that said I will want see the reasoning in that report about hormones and being biological, because that sounds like pure bullshit.
I got nothing to say here.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I haven't read it yet but every summary I've seen boiled down to "the current medical consensus is unfounded because it was based on listening to patients about a hugely subjective experience". I'd hate to see her opinion on pain management.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

"Are you trans?"

"Yes."

"Sorry, too biased, I need to write a report on your existence and your existence may harm my results I want."
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Nobody700 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:59 pm "Are you trans?"

"Yes."

"Sorry, too biased, I need to write a report on your existence and your existence may harm my results I want."
Yeah to me it sounds way too much of the pseudoscience of the flat Earth and young Creationist Earth. It's all about the results first and then working backwards. Or late 19th and early 20th century eugenics.
I got nothing to say here.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:42 am
Nobody700 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:59 pm "Are you trans?"

"Yes."

Yeah to me it sounds way too much of the pseudoscience of the flat Earth and young Creationist Earth. It's all about the results first and then working backwards. Or late 19th and early 20th century eugenics.
Or most trans "research" before the 90s to be more on the nose.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.