Something I want to share

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
McAvoy
Captain

Something I want to share

Post by McAvoy »

Here is what you don’t get about support for Trump:

Imagine feeling, as many of us feel, like you are constantly under attack. Your race is vilified, your religion is smeared and ridiculed, your morality is labeled ignorant, your culture is mocked, your ancestors are unfairly vilified, your nation is vilified, your nation’s Founders are vilified, and it has become fashionable to disrespect your nation’s Flag and Anthem. Your traditions- Thanksgiving, Fourth of July- are under attack. Liberal culture dominates entertainment and social-media, you barely have a voice. Your views are censored and suppressed. While Progressive messaging is prolific, from beer cans to NFL end zones to classrooms, libraries, workplaces, and painted on streets.

We are scolded for what we eat, lectures for what we drive, expected to learn “zee zem, zey” nonsense, “electeds of color”, and “LatinX”. We’re expected to sit by as our sons are told they might be girls and men are brought into schools to perform burlesque-lite for 8 yr olds. Meanwhile, millions come across the border poor, undereducated, needy and we are supposed to absorb them, make public services available to them.

You reach a point where you have had it. And the fact that the Left hate Trump is good enough reason alone to support him. You can’t bully him. And that drives you wild. He’s our middle-finger to all that crepe you have put us through. He’s your punishment for disrespecting us as you have.
This is something I caught while reading the comment section of Yahoo. Take it as you will.
I got nothing to say here.
Nobody700
Officer

Re: Something I want to share

Post by Nobody700 »

I like he doesn't even bring up anything Trump did. Because he can't, he literally can't think of anything... but hate.

I love to ask this of people who want Trump back... what DID he do that you actually viewed as good for America? What was something in the four years he did you felt proud of? The failed border wall, the plane ban that actually INCREASED illegal immigration into the country, his covid handling, his tax increases for the poor and massive cuts for the rich, his packing of judges, many of whom were not qualified? Just admit you liked he was a bigot, and when you do, I'll punch your teeth out. We can be respectful.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

And nobody can address any of those concerns because they're all lies she was told to get her blind mad and obedient.
Last edited by hammerofglass on Mon May 06, 2024 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I notice this is all about his feeling being under attack, and not actually being attacked. How the yiff do you reason with somebody like that? How do you persuade somebody like that?

The best hope is to outvote them, but we probably won't outvote them because so much of our voting block is too disgusted with our President's enthusiastic participation in genocide and violent response to peaceful student protests of said genocide.

Where is the hope/ Where is the light?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Oh, somebody put it better.

Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Look I can forgive racism but I can't forgive They/Thems

I fear no one gets my reference.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Nobody700 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:07 pm Look I can forgive racism but I can't forgive They/Thems

Well, I don't... :?
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

phantom000 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:52 pm
Nobody700 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:07 pm Look I can forgive racism but I can't forgive They/Thems

Well, I don't... :?
https://youtu.be/vxPbpYR_RKY?si=WJ84e1k4MJrhl6x6
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

At least I got it.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Yeah so Saturday night so when I came across this I actually spent time staring at the screen debating whether or not I should waste my time answering her. (yes it was a woman). You know take the time breakdown everything she said but in the end I knew it was a waste of time.

Though, usually when I take the time to reply to someone like this it isn't really for the OP but people reading it.
Last edited by McAvoy on Mon May 06, 2024 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got nothing to say here.