I Believe In You

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: I Believe In You

Post by Karha of Honor »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:19 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:10 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:07 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:04 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:59 am

The respective discontent for CNN or Fox News. I mean whatever channel I'm watching I'll take an interest in what's being talked about, and I try to do that in a manner that spites any kind of spin they put on things. And I guess I meant that it's probably not a good idea to rely on either as your only news source. Though my personal interests I might choose CNN if I were to do that, just for several reasons.
With that clarified, could you answer my first question?
I'm not proposing to get rid of free speech.
Top to bottom 5th post. First question.
I don't understand it.
Look at what i qouted.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:43 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:19 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:10 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:07 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:04 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:59 am

The respective discontent for CNN or Fox News. I mean whatever channel I'm watching I'll take an interest in what's being talked about, and I try to do that in a manner that spites any kind of spin they put on things. And I guess I meant that it's probably not a good idea to rely on either as your only news source. Though my personal interests I might choose CNN if I were to do that, just for several reasons.
With that clarified, could you answer my first question?
I'm not proposing to get rid of free speech.
Top to bottom 5th post. First question.
I don't understand it.
Look at what i qouted.
Yes, the blue text. I wrote out what I meant with it. Sorry for the poor composition of words. The sentence above it that has a question mark, I don't understand. So now you're referring to the quote, which I explained, and already stated that I don't understand the query above the quote.
Power laces... alright.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:16 am Why do you have faith in us, Chuck? I don't have faith in me.
Londo Mollari wrote:As you advance in politics, you lose friends. There are only those who wish to use you, and those who you wish to use. How you have managed to walk the paths of power completely untouched is beyond me. I can only assume that you have not been paying attention!
Chuck does remind me of Vir Cotto in some ways. High praise from cynical me.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Frustration wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:14 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:16 am Why do you have faith in us, Chuck? I don't have faith in me.
Londo Mollari wrote:As you advance in politics, you lose friends. There are only those who wish to use you, and those who you wish to use. How you have managed to walk the paths of power completely untouched is beyond me. I can only assume that you have not been paying attention!
Chuck does remind me of Vir Cotto in some ways. High praise from cynical me.
Given Vir ended up Emperor and driving the Drakh off Centauri Prime and bringing them back into the ISA, that's not a bad comparison. ;)
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!