It's kind of surprising Chuck hasn't covered an Anime using the same Voices as Madoka yet?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Re: It's kind of surprising Chuck hasn't covered an Anime using the same Voices as Madoka yet?

Post by ProfessorDetective »

MithrandirOlorin wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:48 pm The Trigger shows I tolerate are FranXX and SSSS.Gridman.
You are the FIRST person who has given FranXX anything short of a stamp of 'this is the worst anime in years, if not DECADES'.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: It's kind of surprising Chuck hasn't covered an Anime using the same Voices as Madoka yet?

Post by Deledrius »

Mecha82 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:35 pm No it's not fact that Kill la Kill is bad.
True, but the title is objectively awful.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:56 pm
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:48 pm The Trigger shows I tolerate are FranXX and SSSS.Gridman.
You are the FIRST person who has given FranXX anything short of a stamp of 'this is the worst anime in years, if not DECADES'.
I have been planning watching Darling in FranXX ever since I saw Glass Reflection's review of it and he was rather positive towards it but so far I haven't have had time for it. Of course what helps is that I also like Kill la Kill.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
LavarosVA
Officer

Post by LavarosVA »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:56 pm
FranXX is a lesson in shitting the bed. I mean holy shit did that go from one of the most interesting anime of the season to me questioning why I even bothered watching it at the end.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

People hate FranXX because they didn't think the Alien reveal was "foreshadowed" enough, which misses the entire point.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

IMO that doesn't seem like very solid reason to label Darling in FranXX as worst anime in years. Anyone who claims that based on weak basis like that hasn't watched any of actually bad anime.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

FranXX became like a highly anticipated sequel even though it wasn't because how Trigger fanboys wanted to hype it as the new Eva and Gurren Lagan. So it's level of Disappointment for some people created more rage then a show with no value would have.

To me those shows were overrated trash and FranXX was a good time.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I honestly think Trigger likes to troll the anime fandom. They were doing that even before they were Trigger by making shows like Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Maybe that's why they are called Trigger. Because they trigger some fans.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Admiral X wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:10 am I honestly think Trigger likes to troll the anime fandom. They were doing that even before they were Trigger by making shows like Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.
I mean, P&SG WAS them trying to reverse engineer South Park and, quite honestly, surpassing it.