It's kind of surprising Chuck hasn't covered an Anime using the same Voices as Madoka yet?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

It's kind of surprising Chuck hasn't covered an Anime using the same Voices as Madoka yet?

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

I guess it's partly because Madoka is mostly the newest Anime chuck has covered so far.

But if he like ever covers say Coppelion, it's gonna be hilarious seeing how he'd react to some of the repeat voices.
Admiral X
Captain

Re: It's kind of surprising Chuck hasn't covered an Anime using the same Voices as Madoka yet?

Post by Admiral X »

Probably about like he did when he covered Korra and came across the save voice actor who had done the GitS:SAC dub as Batou.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Mecha82
Captain

Re: It's kind of surprising Chuck hasn't covered an Anime using the same Voices as Madoka yet?

Post by Mecha82 »

To be fair it's rather easy not to encounter anime that has same English voice cast as PMMM even if it's some of same ones. So it's not really that surprising.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Pretty much everything Dubbed by Aniplex uses basically the same pool of actors.
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Of the shows on the shortlist of VA commonality with Madoka Magica, that are also relatively interesting to share with a viewership of science fiction and fantasy nerds, there's no slam-dunk choices. Maybe Kill la Kill. But it's a stretch. And it wouldn't really add anything to the SFDebris stable as it's basically Gurren Lagaan but with textiles.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

I think Copellion is probably the best Post-Apocalyptic type thing I've seen.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

PerrySimm wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:15 am Maybe Kill la Kill. But it's a stretch. And it wouldn't really add anything to the SFDebris stable as it's basically Gurren Lagaan but with textiles.
True. Plus he still hasn't finished reviewing Gurren Lagaan so going for Kill la Kill before that is too early least IMO.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
LavarosVA
Officer

Post by LavarosVA »

There's also the fact that Kill la Kill is just bad. And jumping into something that has underage girl fanservice probably isn't going to be the most comfortable thing to sit through.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

No it's not fact that Kill la Kill is bad. It's your opinion just like my opinion is that it's fun and really good anime.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

The Trigger shows I tolerate are FranXX and SSSS.Gridman.