Picard SDCC Trailer

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Picard SDCC Trailer

Post by Yukaphile »

That's what it sounded like from what somebody earlier wrote...
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

I assume you mean this post...
MrL1992 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:16 pm So the upcoming short Treks will preview Picard as well as feature Pike and Spock's crew from Discovery season 2 (possibly testing the waters for a series?).

Ao it begs the question, where on Earth are international viewers going to see these? Netflix? Amazon? Don't maje us wait til after the other shows premiere to get them to us please!
Thats referring to future Short Treks that will feature the Enterprise commanded by Pike, with Spock, and Number One, which were featured in the second season of DISCO. I never heard of a Short Trek featuring Picard though, but that may be something they give us as a prologue to the series proper.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Okay, got it.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
LavarosVA
Officer

Post by LavarosVA »

The actors on Discovery also want to do some sort of crossover with Picard as well. Mostly so they can work alongside Patrick Stewart.
MrL1992
Officer

Post by MrL1992 »

I find it ironic that for years the Trek fanbase has been like "we're sick of prequels, stop the prequels!'.

Then hust one scene om the Enterprise with Pike/Spock and suddenly its "give us a prequel! We want a prequel!" XD

Kurtzman even proposed the question or such a series to the audience at the panel, got a pretty enthusiastic response and said "we'll look into it".
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

LavarosVA wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:47 pm The actors on Discovery also want to do some sort of crossover with Picard as well. Mostly so they can work alongside Patrick Stewart.
I can't blame them. Patrick Stewart is awesome.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Yeah, and it makes Discovery canon to the 24th century. For now, disappointed fans can pretend it's not, just an alternate timeline.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

MrL1992 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:15 pm I find it ironic that for years the Trek fanbase has been like "we're sick of prequels, stop the prequels!'.

Then hust one scene om the Enterprise with Pike/Spock and suddenly its "give us a prequel! We want a prequel!" XD

Kurtzman even proposed the question or such a series to the audience at the panel, got a pretty enthusiastic response and said "we'll look into it".
Uh... most fans of the type you speak of HATED the new Enterprise and new Spock.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

I've seen a significant number of fans who would actually be happier with a Pine/Enterprise series than continuing with DISCO. Mount in particular has pretty much received universal praise, so I think "hate" is an exaggeration, though there are the hardliners that will simply not accept anything from the show just on the basis that the sets don't match the 60s show.

But you know what makes Kurtzman an evil genius? He announces the Picard series, which gets the fans excited because this is the first time we have Trek set after NEMESIS in nearly 20 years. But then DISCO is now going to be set a thousand years into the future, which automatically makes the Picard series a prequel.

It's simply cruel. :lol:
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

Makeshift Python wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:58 pm Bringing Seven back actually makes perfect sense in that she’s essentially a kindred spirit of Picard with their experience of assimilation. If you had to include something from VOYAGER, that’s the most natural approach.
I actually wonder if Chuck's excited. I remember Unity! He wants the Picard/Seven Buddy-cop dynamic! xD