Picard SDCC Trailer

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Picard SDCC Trailer

Post by Makeshift Python »

youtu.be/KbXy0f0aCN0

Looks promising
Mecha82
Captain

Re: Picard SDCC Trailer

Post by Mecha82 »

I am intrigued by that. Also I noticed that Data and Seven are going to be in this one as well.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

Nice to see Star Trek FINALLY moving forward instead of making another Prequel. Hope we get to see Sisko return from the Worm Hole along with what's going on with the rest of the Surviving Trek Characters. And, seeing that this is Star Trek, what any and all Lazarus characters will get up to. ;D
Elderdog
Officer

Post by Elderdog »

Neat.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

We do got a thread for this show I though. Just sayin!

Also, neat.

And, hellllllll yeah!

I'm hoping Jeri Ryan isn't just a cameo, but it's nice to see she's put her nano probes behind her.
Power laces... alright.
Actarus
Officer

Post by Actarus »

Very excited about that show, but a little bummed out that it involves the Borg. I'm also surprised to see Seven of Nine. Or will it be Annika Hansen?

Oh and Data... My, does that thick layer of make up shows... Or is it CGI? But I could get used to it.

Who do you think is that young woman? Is she related to the Borg? Looks like it.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Actarus wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:14 amOh and Data... My, does that thick layer of make up shows... Or is it CGI? But I could get used to it.
I was wondering this too. I thought though that their budgets couldn't really spell out competent CG like that. Really cool though considering the lengths they're going to make Spiner look believable. By the time Nemesis rolled around I really thought Data did not look the same.
Power laces... alright.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:25 am By the time Nemesis rolled around I really thought Data did not look the same.
Yeah, Spiner stayed in relatively good shape from the pilot to INSURRECTION, but that first shot of him in NEMESIS really shocked me at the time.

Given how early it is, I assume they'll keep tinkering with Data's look just to make it more seamless. Also, I swear is that the same props used in NEMESIS for when they find a disassembled B4? It's pretty uncanny.

It's also very apparent they're not gonna try to change the aesthetic too much like DISCO did, only enough to believably be set 20 years later.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

"Video is not available."
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

I wonder if the young woman is Picard's daughter with her mother being the Ba'ku woman from Insurrection? I know we would all rather forget that Insurrection never happened, myself included, but if this film is willing to acknowledge Nemesis and Voyager and use major plot points from them in the hopes of making something good then surely the idea of taking from another Star Trek story that is mixed at best isn't to far fetched.

The real question is, what is the up with the Borg. Were they all destroyed at the end of Voyager or did the collective survive the queens death...? Again...?

Also, is that Data or B4? If the former how was his body parts so well preserved after what happened to him at the end of Nemesis and if the later, why was he disassembled again? Why the young woman considered to be so dangerous and where is the rest of the Enterprise crew. For that matter, will this show undo the rather horrible death of Kirk and bring him back like he was in the novels? And finally, will Picard Ever get to win a fist fight his in and will people finally stop hitting him in the face? XD