Most Disturbing "Human" moments you have seen/read

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
King Green
Officer

Most Disturbing "Human" moments you have seen/read

Post by King Green »

Hey guys, hope you like this question and tolerate the stuff I may question or answer, but for now I want to listen and read what moments in ANY fictional work you have seen/read that involved humans as the worst of the worst, more evil than the devil, and so vile it actually caused the author to go mad-crazy!

If non of you are familiar with the topic I'm asking go look on TV tropes"Humans are the Real Monsters" to look at some good example on the view-point of the sheer horror that causes anything of Creation to vomit.

Hope you got a trashcan or bag cause this post may be so horrid SF-Debris might virtually and conceptually ban me from this site. Ta-Ta!!!
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Most Disturbing "Human" moments you have seen/read

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

The scene at the end of Man of Steel when they turned one of the most iconic fictional characters into a brutal murdering sociopath at the end.
Power laces... alright.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I have no issues with what Superman did, just how it was executed.

There was what the facility did to the Diclonii as well as Mayu's stepfather. Nuff said.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

I hold sympathies for Zod, the Krypton council are somehow made of literal idiocy. Zod should have stolen a warship of frigate of some-kind and gather as many sane people who knew their planet was going to die and ran to Mars or Europa.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I think it was hilarious how those people just WOULD NOT MOVE. I mean, that's sloppy execution. As much as I don't wanna bring up Channel Awesome, I still think Doug was on-point with this.

"Uh, you gotta admit, this isn't all me, Supes, these people are just kind of idiots."

Still, I get what they were going for. Literally a policeman's dilemma. Like when Yusuke fought Doctor and had to choose between killing him or letting a hospital of people die. And he choose the former. That said, that's still riddled with plot holes too, though admittedly less than in Man of Steel.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

If we're using tvtropes, let me direct you to the NightmareFuel/Warhammer40000 page. A lot of the writers take that "cruelest regime imaginable" part of the intro and just run away with it.

https://youtu.be/cy4CJ4F-epA
https://youtu.be/OXADvMf_7Mc
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

How about that scene where Anakin kills jedi padawan and the scene where he kills the sand people children. Absolutely horrible!
Power laces... alright.
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:44 am How about that scene where Anakin kills jedi padawan and the scene where he kills the sand people children. Absolutely horrible!
Hey those, Padawan's had it coming.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Where Obi-Wan lets Anakin burn. It's not even like he couldn't reach to him, with the Emperor's shuttle closing down on him, like the novel stated. No, it's that he just... preaches to him, and then fails in his mission to end Vader and relieve Anakin's suffering. LOL
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Off topic. But what is the blue triangle with an exclamation mark in it for? Or mean?