Cuckoo

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Winter
Captain

Cuckoo

Post by Winter »

youtu.be/NuON7HH0UkQ

Gotta admit this film looks kinda interesting. I've never been a big fan of the horror genre but I do respect it as it gets a lot of unwarranted hate and with this one it looks really solid. Nothing ground breaking but effectively scary and interesting. I like that the film gives us little to nothing about what the story is going to be about, all we know is something is wrong about this place and there is a killer on the lose.

And the design of the monster is nicely unique, almost looks like Sadako or Kayako with it being this strangely skinny little thing that is never the less incredibly dangerous and the bit where she's chasing after the main character while she's on her bike is all kinds of creepy.

And speaking of the film's protagonist, Gretchen, this is the third feature length film staring Hunter Schafer and as such I think this will be the first horror/slasher film where the final girl is a transgirl. This will also be Schafer's first time staring as the main character of a film or show which is really impressive given that she's only been in TV or film for about 4 years.

Side Note: She'll also be making her gaming debut in the upcoming game OD which is being directed by Hideo Kojima aka one of the biggest game developers in the gaming industry.

But back to the film, I'm curious to see what the big twist to the whole story is. Given some of the dialogue and certain choice descriptions of the premises I wonder if the main villain is a Nazi and this is some kinda crazy experiment to "Train" the Youth. I could be wrong and likely am reading into something that isn't there so take that take with a head tilt and a shrug and wait for the film to be something else completely different and shows how silly that idea is.

Thoughts?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Cuckoo

Post by Thebestoftherest »

the youtube video didn't work.