Fallout: The Series

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Nobody700
Officer

Re: Fallout: The Series

Post by Nobody700 »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:20 pm
Nobody700 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:44 pm3. 2077 but animation is still 1963
Still? Tastes change all the time and what's considered standard today, would be pretty darn out there just 30 years ago and will be pretty darn out there in 30 years again. So I'd suggest the possiblity, that you should consider that "still" being an "again".
Are you a tv exec trying to sell me stilted animation is just 'chic' and 'retro' instead of 'lazy'?

Too be serious, I doubt little kids would enjoy that style of animation when other better forms exist. Only reason they would be watching it is if culture did not evolve at all after 1957... which in the Fallout world, it did not.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Watched episode 2, five non spoiler comments.

1. We trained Knight Titus wrong, as a joke -Clerics
2. Doggy
3. Foot surgery sucks
4. Okey Doky is the kind of thing anyone must say when they become a vicious serial killer psycho.
5. The Enclave suck at building turret guns... which is the most accurate part of the Enclave.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Episode 3

1. They make them Gulpers BIG in California vs those wimps in Far Harbor.
2. The ultimate weapon of a true knight, a toilet seat
3. Ya know what, I think this Ghoul is kind of a jerk
4. I like the concept of Vault 31, 32, and 33 all being united Vaults. Wonder what the scheme is, something 100% seems up.
5. When you're pissed at a dude, make him apple farm for you.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Episode 4

1. How can one call something ass jerky, when all jerky tastes like ass?
2. I think Lucy has a problem where she has to only kill people who are already pretty much dead and thus, will be forced to kill some guy stuck in his VR chair who liked cosplaying as a sexy version of themself
3. No Maximus, weird.
4. Yeah Chet, happened to me once when a lady wanted me to pretend to be her dead husband. Shit gets wild fast when you play that move.
5. Ahh yes, the most common threat in the 1870's wild west... Communists.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

That's just libel against the fine art of jerky.

Unless all you've had is that mass produced crap you buy in a bag, in which case fair.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Episode 5, much shorter than the rest but still really liking this show

1. Maximus is what happens when you play Fallout with speech 1
2. Say what you will of Vault Tec, they can CLEAN! These guys are damn good at their jobs.
3. The NCR capitol had 34,000 people? For a nation with over a million people, that is a damn low number. Eh, probably the rich cattle farmers and Shady Sand Congress, so no great loss.
4. Maximus saw a lot of Indiana Jones as a kid so he knew what to do when a nuke came.
5. I like to imagine that the Ghoul is still watching tv on his comically small tv as all of this goes on. Dude really wants to rewatch Ducktales. Respect.
6. Those weren't Fiends, Maximus... they didn't have stupid helmets. 0/10, worst show ever.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Episode 6, been a while and actually saw this earlier, but been busy with IRL stuff

1. Never trust vaults that are nice, they are all evil. Even the good ones.
2. I refuse to pay my taxes, government men.
3. Typical first vault problems, can't make jokes about how people were blown up or nuked or were torn apart. Chapelle would kill himself in this vault.
4. Ahh yes, the favorite part of any ritual, the naked orgy fest.
5. Wow lady, I REALLY need your skin cream care.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Nobody700 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:54 am
Still? Tastes change all the time and what's considered standard today, would be pretty darn out there just 30 years ago and will be pretty darn out there in 30 years again. So I'd suggest the possiblity, that you should consider that "still" being an "again".
Are you a tv exec trying to sell me stilted animation is just 'chic' and 'retro' instead of 'lazy'?

Too be serious, I doubt little kids would enjoy that style of animation when other better forms exist. Only reason they would be watching it is if culture did not evolve at all after 1957... which in the Fallout world, it did not.
Just say it a way to cut corners, those numbskulls would probably believe that.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Nobody700 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:54 am

That's because the whole aesthetic of Fallout is deliberately 1950s retro future.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

My issue in the context of what I do know about the games is that it kinda downplays what was evil about the NCR to now just present it's end as some great tragedy.