Love Lies Bleeding

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Winter
Captain

Love Lies Bleeding

Post by Winter »

So, is this film speculative fiction or surrealism?

I mean it starts as a gritty neo-noir crime drama the film suddenly goes full Attack of the 50 Foot Woman with one of the main characters becoming a giant and then soon after that the other main character becomes a giant and they run off into the night.

Don't get me wrong I think it's awesome and rather heartwarming but I so confused as to what is happening at the end of this film. Hence the question if this film is a Sci-Fi and or Fantasy film or if it's meant to be a more dramatic take on what's actually happening in this moment which leans more into surrealism.

Thoughts?
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Love Lies Bleeding

Post by hammerofglass »

I didn't realize that was out, been looking forward to it a while. Probably won't be able to watch it until tomorrow.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Winter
Captain

Re: Love Lies Bleeding

Post by Winter »

hammerofglass wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 am I didn't realize that was out, been looking forward to it a while. Probably won't be able to watch it until tomorrow.
It's not my up of tea (this is a REALLY dark film and I generally like more lighthearted stuff (she says as she writes no less then 3 tragedies)) but it's still pretty damn good. Gotta admit I thought the big twist of the movie was that this was that Jackie, the bodybuilder, would turn out to be a werewolf given how the trailers kept showing her apparently transforming. I did not see the actual twist coming, I will admit that.