Discussing the StarFortress SF-17 Bombers from The Last Jedi aka WHERE THE HELL ARE THE Y-WINGS?!?!

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Riedquat
Captain

Re: Discussing the StarFortress SF-17 Bombers from The Last Jedi aka WHERE THE HELL ARE THE Y-WINGS?!?!

Post by Riedquat »

It's not frustrating that you're not backing up your claim, it's rude. It's also rather hypocritical since making claims and not backing them up is a pretty integral part of racism (I'm not claiming you are racist, but on that aspect you've got something in common).
Nobody700
Officer

Re: Discussing the StarFortress SF-17 Bombers from The Last Jedi aka WHERE THE HELL ARE THE Y-WINGS?!?!

Post by Nobody700 »

Riedquat wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:48 am It's not frustrating that you're not backing up your claim, it's rude. It's also rather hypocritical since making claims and not backing them up is a pretty integral part of racism (I'm not claiming you are racist, but on that aspect you've got something in common).
The real racists are the people who don't talk about why they dislike a star wars film.

How about you just accept that I don't wanna go into this because this is just my opinion and I think Last Jedi has been talked to death in nearly ever regard. That perhaps I don't NEED to talk about my reasoning for disliking a film to any person who asks. Some things can be left PRIVATE for a reason. I don't like Last Jedi, but I don't need to go into a song and dance why. Cause frankly, while the Bomber argument Winter made is one I hadn't heard, I also don't wanna go into MY opinions of this film cause they're long and rambly. So get off my back and deal with the fact you won't find out why. Especially after you said THAT, which... like, no. I refuse to engage with someone who's argument is that dumb. At least McCoy was genuinly confused and wondering, so he I respect in wondering why I have this belief.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

McAvoy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:23 pmOk... You now have to tell us why it's racist. I have heard it has a heavy dose of misandry in it, but not racist.
Not at all speaking for Nobody, but from others I've heard complaints about how the two minority characters get shuffled off to their own meaningless side plot that is about freeing animals and not about freeing the slaves who are also there. Not exactly the best optics when it's framed like that.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

stryke wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:23 am
McAvoy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:23 pmOk... You now have to tell us why it's racist. I have heard it has a heavy dose of misandry in it, but not racist.
Not at all speaking for Nobody, but from others I've heard complaints about how the two minority characters get shuffled off to their own meaningless side plot that is about freeing animals and not about freeing the slaves who are also there. Not exactly the best optics when it's framed like that.
If we're using that lens the Latino guy being a hothead who amost ruined everything by getting all uppity instead of quietly doing what the white women told him isn't a great look either.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Nobody700 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:20 am
Riedquat wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:48 am It's not frustrating that you're not backing up your claim, it's rude. It's also rather hypocritical since making claims and not backing them up is a pretty integral part of racism (I'm not claiming you are racist, but on that aspect you've got something in common).
The real racists are the people who don't talk about why they dislike a star wars film.

How about you just accept that I don't wanna go into this because this is just my opinion and I think Last Jedi has been talked to death in nearly ever regard. That perhaps I don't NEED to talk about my reasoning for disliking a film to any person who asks. Some things can be left PRIVATE for a reason. I don't like Last Jedi, but I don't need to go into a song and dance why. Cause frankly, while the Bomber argument Winter made is one I hadn't heard, I also don't wanna go into MY opinions of this film cause they're long and rambly. So get off my back and deal with the fact you won't find out why. Especially after you said THAT, which... like, no. I refuse to engage with someone who's argument is that dumb. At least McCoy was genuinly confused and wondering, so he I respect in wondering why I have this belief.
If you don't want to talk about it don't bring it up, instead of stirring something up and running away.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

*eye twitch*
I got nothing to say here.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

McAvoy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 pm

*eye twitch*
As apology for my sin that I have committed

https://youtu.be/T5nG-A401TY?si=jSzSDTcAVKYedw0e&t=56
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

McAvoy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 pm

*eye twitch*
You were perfectly setup to say: "Damnit Nobody, I'm McAvoy not McCoy!" and you blew it!
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

Riedquat wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:53 pm

If you don't want to talk about it don't bring it up, instead of stirring something up and running away.
I WAS GONE FOR FIVE DAYS!!! WHAT HAPPENED?!?!
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Winter wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:21 pm
Riedquat wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:53 pm

I WAS GONE FOR FIVE DAYS!!! WHAT HAPPENED?!?!
I was called McCoy and that was the only important thing you need to know.

Uninteresting short story: you have no clue how many times I have been called McCoy my life.
I got nothing to say here.