Transphobia is just repackaged homophobia

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Transphobia is just repackaged homophobia

Post by hammerofglass »

Do cis people get trauma from puberty btw? Is that body horror for everyone? I've heard mixed things.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Nealithi wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:10 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:38 pm
Nealithi wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:53 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 am
Nealithi wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:53 am I may get skewered but, that last line is my personal concern. Getting your gender changed is not like putting on a new jacket. If someone is too young to vote, too young to drink, and too young to fight for your country. How then are they old enough to make a life altering decision this big?

I think my one line in the sand is wait till you are 18 and an adult.
Did you not know if you were a boy or a girl before 18?
Did I have the right to smoke a cigarette?

You want to unlock life altering choices at a young age why pick and choose? If they are too young to make that kind of decision they are too young. If they are not then they are not on any of them. You can't just say 'this particular issue is important to me so make an exception'.
I mean, other than the voting one I think those limits should all be eliminated or at least reduced to sixteen. I don't know anyone IRL who obeyed them, especially 21 for alcohol. Just a waste of everyone's time to keep them in place.
<Raises Hand> I did not smoke till 19 and in the Air Force. Did not drink till 21, and in the Air Force. Never fired a gun till 18 and, yes in the Air Force.

Now I am curious why you feel voting should wait but other things should be at 16?
Kinda the same for me when I was in the Navy. I did smoke somewhat while in high school and snuck a beer or two too. But it wasn't until I was in the Navy that I smoked and drank. Though in my case, still 19. Navy at the time was still lenient on underage drinking as long as you didn't do something stupid and some kinda version of 'adult' supervision.
I got nothing to say here.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:31 pm Do cis people get trauma from puberty btw? Is that body horror for everyone? I've heard mixed things.
The only body horror I got was the joint aches I got. I went through it early and quick. I was 4' 11" tall and 99 pounds at the beginning of 6th grade and 5' 9" and 130 pounds a year later. Though I would break 6' but ended up just growing one more inch but I did eventually bulk up in high school. But that period between 11 and 12, I hurt. Didn't help I played sports either.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville