Is it really the M-SHE-U

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Nobody700
Officer

Is it really the M-SHE-U

Post by Nobody700 »

So one of the biggest stupid things online is people calling the latest MCU stuff M-SHE-U. Now I won't pretend I'm still a big fan of the MCU, I fell off cause of the shows and movies have... very much dropped the ball, but if you hear youtubers who totally bath, that the reason is WOKE FEMINISTS NON BINARIES COMMUNISTS who turned the MCU, a franchise of MEN, into the M-SHE-U. So lets actually go over the films and shows after Far from home and see if it can even be called it.

WandaVision: Well, the show has a female lead, and a big bad woman, and another female lead. Sorry guys, clearly this show has become WOKE because no piece of media before this has had 3 female leads. So, proof this is M-SHE-U.
Falcon and Winter Soldier: On the one hand, the main leads are all men, but the main villain is a woman and she is presented as stronger than the men. Sure she has a super soldier serum that the show makes a big deal of changing and increasing in power... but dunno, feels pretty M-SHE-U to have a female be stronger than men. So, this is M-SHE-U.
Loki: Sylvie. Okay real talk, I do dislike Sylvie greatly... but more cause she is just very one note and uninteresting. Part of her could have worked if she was made more a trans allegory, that she wasn't the main lead but more a player, cut the romance with Loki so we focus more on her own past and character rather than a weird tepid romance... oh wait this is a bit. Umm, Sylvie is a woman... so... M-SHE-U.
Black Widow: Oh man pure M-SHE-U, I mean, not ONCE did Black Widow show me her lingerie, her bra, her boobs, her ass, or talk about the Hulk being her boyfriend. If she's not telling Steve Rogers about how he should kiss women and than demand he kiss her and sway her hips every second... you're starting to tell me this woman has a character and her own agency? Nope, pure M-SHE-U.
What If: Some of these episodes were about MEN, which is good. Some were about WOMEN, which is bad. M-SHE-U.
Shang Chi: Shang Chi had a sister, and she did things. M-SHE-U.
Eternals: FINALLY a non M-SHE-U film. The STRAIGHT WHITE GUY is portrayed as stronger than all the non white guys, kicks their asses, and kills a woman and overpowers another? Finally, I was worrying that we white guys were becoming a minority. Peak Non Woke. Oh also, my copy of the movie cut off before the end so I dunno what happened to Ikaris, can anyone tell me?
Hawkeye: Another real talk, I think Steinfield is a wonderful actress and her and Florence are WONDERFUL together, she is easily a better Hawkeye than Clint because of... wait uh... WOMEN CAN'T SHOOT ARROWS, M-SHE-U!
No way home: On the one hand, it did have the REAL SPIDER-MAN and he was awesome, but MJ was still played by Zendaya... I'll say not MCU Cause fake Spider-Man broke up with her and that made me happy. Now he must date Sydney Sweeeney as Black Cat. I'M NOT WEIRD OR OBESSED, YOU ARE! Not M-SHE-U.
Moon Knight: A beetle lady was in the show and a girl liked her as a hero. M-SHE-U STRIKES AGAIN!
Dr. Strange and the multiverse of Madness: PEAK M-SHE-U! A LESBIAN GIRL WITH GAY MOMS, A SUPER POWERFUL FEMALE VILLAIN, AND SHE ENDED THE PROBLEM! THEY CUCKED DR. STRANGE CAUSE HE SHOULDA TOTALLY BLOWN UP THAT GUY AT THE START AND GOT WITH HIS EX! I'M A STABLE HUMAN BEING! M-SHE-U X1000000000!
Ms. Marvel: A girl who's biggest hero is Brie Larson? M-She-U x1000000000000000000000000000
Thor Love and Thunder: They cut the Valkryie gay scenes and Jane died. WE'RE SO BACK GAMERS, ANTI M-SHE-U TO THE EXTREME!
She-Hulk Attorney at Law: Female lawyer. Women can't Read. M-SHE-U.
Werewolf by night: Elsa Bloodstone didn't wear her iconic coat. Legit dissapointed. I blame M-SHE-U.
Black Panther Wakanda Forever: A wise man by the name of No Bullshit said that Black Panther had a suspicous amount of women in it. This is even more women than that. Pretty SUS to me, or more like, M-SHE-SUS!
Guardians of the galaxy Holiday special: Nebula wore a shirt. M-SHE-U.
Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantunmania: This film barely has Wasp in it. AGAIN, A NON M-SHE-U FILM, MEN WE ARE SAVED BY PEAK FILM MAKING!
Guardians of the Galaxy 3: Nebula wore a shirt and Gamora said she refuses to Peters girlfriend cause she has her own life. WHY DID YOU BACKSTAB ME, M-SHE-U?!
Secret Invasion: Okay this is legit the worst thing MCU did I can't even pretend to call it M-SHE-U.
The Marvels: Brie Larson. PEAK M-SHE-U.
Echo: A female lead. Who is deaf. Who is not white. Who has a missing limb. Who is portrayed as a human being? They are laughing at you. Who's they? M-SHE-U!
X-Men 97: Every shot of Rogue not showing her ass is M-SHE-U. But Madelyn Pryor... okay this show is on the fence.

As we can see, the facts are here. The MCU is dead, and it was killed by the M-SHE-U. Sorry guys, I don't write the rules, I just blindfully follow them. This is why we should have stuck with the superior Whedon version of Justice League, where Wonder Woman is shown her place by having the Flash slam his face in her boobs and Aquaman tells everyone he wants to bang her, and Superman kicks her ass super easily. That is a real mans FILM!
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Is it really the M-SHE-U

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

So, whatever happened to Clearspira anyway? I haven't seen him around here for a while.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:10 am So, whatever happened to Clearspira anyway? I haven't seen him around here for a while.
I think he did like that Frustration fellow: realized most folks here didn't agree with him (for the most part. Clear occasionally had standards) and moved on. Or real life killed his free time. Either, or.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:26 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:10 am So, whatever happened to Clearspira anyway? I haven't seen him around here for a while.
I think he did like that Frustration fellow: realized most folks here didn't agree with him (for the most part. Clear occasionally had standards) and moved on. Or real life killed his free time. Either, or.
It was right after a particularly abusive thread of his got killed by the moderators (it involved limericks mocking a specific user) got erased by mods so I assume some kind of at least temporary ban was involved too.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

To clarify this is more me making fun of how people call this the M-SHE-U because some of the movies and shows were about women, and... that's it. Hell even if we consider them M-SHE-U, what is the PROBLEM with having that? I won't pretend that I liked She-Hulk show (even if She-Hulk herself is one of my fave marvel characters ever) but holy crap the 'She-Hulk existing is a crime and she twerked once so this is the END OF EVERYTHING EVER!'. I should clarify that I consider Eternals worse than almost any of these and Eternals was SUPER BAD, but by their definition, it can't be M-SHE-U cause Ikaris beats up women. A lot. Ergo, that must make the film good.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

At this point I'm 99% sure all the stuff like this is the same group of culture war tourists going from fandom to fandom and all following the same script without actually watching any of it. There's no point trying to intellectually engage, they aren't making real arguments beyond "girls have cooties" and "anything not directly pandering to straight white cis men is an attack on straight white cis men".

You saw it really blatantly with the tempest in a teacup over Games Workshop casually introducing Custodes women into the lore. All of these Defenders Of The Franchise coming out of the woodwork to claim it was Ruined Forever very clearly didn't know what a Custodes was or that they aren't Space Marines, and they all disappeared to whence they came after the regular fans stopped giving them attention. Exactly the same kind of guys with all the same weird little Red Pill talking points.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:26 am
Honestly I thought Frustration just got straight up banned. He was pretty belligerent when he got called out.

I think clearspira is just taking time off from the forum. He probably would have a more 'realistic' take on why it's called M-SHE-U
I got nothing to say here.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Nobody700 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:56 pm To clarify this is more me making fun of how people call this the M-SHE-U because some of the movies and shows were about women, and... that's it. Hell even if we consider them M-SHE-U, what is the PROBLEM with having that? I won't pretend that I liked She-Hulk show (even if She-Hulk herself is one of my fave marvel characters ever) but holy crap the 'She-Hulk existing is a crime and she twerked once so this is the END OF EVERYTHING EVER!'. I should clarify that I consider Eternals worse than almost any of these and Eternals was SUPER BAD, but by their definition, it can't be M-SHE-U cause Ikaris beats up women. A lot. Ergo, that must make the film good.
Its not just about women. It's about everything else that is not a cos-man or even cis-women (up to a point). Eternals had a gay couple scene. Doctor Strange 2 had a lesbian couple briefly. Rage if someone is mentioned as gay even if nothing really comes of it. Race swapping. Token race characters. Feminist undertones in the story. Man bashing of any kind. Etc. All part of that 'woke' agenda.

I honestly think that Eternals would have benefitted from a 6-8 episode series. Just too many brand new characters.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I feel that I have listened to and understand the reactionary position on the MCU.

Keep in mind that this is a very slippery subject because it's rooted between the subjectivity of two different schools of thought pertaining to arts and entertainment. I don't claim to understand it (whilst being on the other side) as a mark of righteous positioning but just that the MCU isn't that nebulous. Not nebulous enough for us to not be able to understand what drives whatever the MCU is and is to become.

I thought She Hulk was fine as a farcical show. Arguments consistent with clearspira's position mostly criticized its structure as a classic protagonist/antagonist plot, but I found plenty of entertainment in it otherwise.

The streaming end of Marvel for phase 4 was morel like a collection of mini-series, and the economics really makes sense. I'm personally grateful that Disney is able to house both Lucasfilm and Marvel as half as good as most people come off expecting, coming out with a multitude of shows with discrete but somewhat eventful plots, and with some of them having sequels. It's a shame that the very outset of a clearly experimental project has to be compared to Endgame and its buildup over 18 movies.
Power laces... alright.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

I have alot of issues with She Hulk and it mainly pertains to the story itself. Internal logic, basic logic etc. I didn't care for the final episode but it wasn't something I would scream from the rooftops about either.

I think, if the Phase 4 movies were better then the anti-wokism chants wouldn't be as loud for the MCU.

Eternals just too much going on with brand new characters and then seemingly, ignored. I mean there is a giant... man? Structure? Object? Being? Yes, being sticking out of the Earth.

Shang Chi in itself I think wasn't that bad either. Though they did retcon the Ten Rings in more ways than one. I didn't mind the side character too much.

Doctor Strange 2 is the first MCU movie that does rely on the MCU mini series to know what was going on. But it didn't follow that series with Scarlet Witch seemingly reverting to what she was in the middle of the show but now with a cool outfit and powers that did come from the show. The they killed her off in the end. Also where is that White Vision at?

Ant Man 3. I had a problem with the internal logic. I thought the whole point of those helmets was that as their body shrinks or grows that their lungs did the same and no longer could breathe in oxygen normally. Nope. You can take off the helmet with no problems so what is the point? Also thd concept of a micro universe like we saw kinda really stretched some people's realm of believablity.

Black Widow. This should have been a movie made before Inifinity War and many many were calling for it. But it reinvented Task Master for no reason, the CGI was bad at times. Story was OK.

Captain Marvel. I will only go with the first one because I haven't watched the second one. Probably ground zero of all of this MSHEU. Placed in between Infinity War and Endgame, it performed well because everyone thought the movie would have something that really would lead up to Endgame. It did not. I personally found the movie average and a bit boring. No hero journey of any kind for Marvel, never really in true danger or given a moment of failure for her reflect on. Oh and Nick Fury lost his eye due to cat scratch which was BS.