What's Going on with Everyone's Lives

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Nobody700
Officer

Re: What's Going on with Everyone's Lives

Post by Nobody700 »

I only hope that you and your family can be together and have a peaceful wake, and remember the best times with your mother, McAvoy. I'm certain she was a lovely woman.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Nobody700 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:45 am I only hope that you and your family can be together and have a peaceful wake, and remember the best times with your mother, McAvoy. I'm certain she was a lovely woman.
It will be peaceful. She was a lovely woman. She was a great mother and a much better grandmother. I am hoping for a good turnout. It's unfortunate that it's happening the day before Easter though. But what can you do...
I got nothing to say here.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:18 am
Nobody700 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:45 am I only hope that you and your family can be together and have a peaceful wake, and remember the best times with your mother, McAvoy. I'm certain she was a lovely woman.
It will be peaceful. She was a lovely woman. She was a great mother and a much better grandmother. I am hoping for a good turnout. It's unfortunate that it's happening the day before Easter though. But what can you do...
Expect a miracle ressurection? I heard there's precedent for that 😅
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:58 am
That would be impressive since she is now ashes. Much better than someone having a long nap over a weekend in a cave.
I got nothing to say here.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:10 am
Madner Kami wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:58 am
That would be impressive since she is now ashes. Much better than someone having a long nap over a weekend in a cave.
Well, if it's already a miracle, why half-arse it? I'm certain your mum can one-up a 2,000 year old carpenter who took a weekend off after a taxing act of neo avantgarde performance art.

Sorry for the macabre humor. It runs in the family. *snaps fingers*

Also, I got the sudden urge to play Monkey Island 2 again.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Got some bad news. The new job I was trying to find for so long has laid me off. =/ Apparently they thought they had enough shit together to justify bringing on a grant writer, but that turned out not to be the case.

Back to the job hunt for me, only with a lot less savings and time.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:36 pm Got some bad news. The new job I was trying to find for so long has laid me off. =/ Apparently they thought they had enough shit together to justify bringing on a grant writer, but that turned out not to be the case.

Back to the job hunt for me, only with a lot less savings and time.
Most animals move, by pushing themselves forward. Most have claws or hooves that allows them to somewhat dig into the ground and push and push and push. If something keeps them from moving another leg forward, nothing happens. They just end up standing still and safe.
We're different. We lean forward so much, that our center of gravity is so far out of position, that we essentially fall over. But what keeps us from hitting the ground face first is, moving forward a leg and a foot and catching ourselves before that happens. Then we use the energy of that fall to propel our bodies forward into the next unstable position, causing us to fall again, until we move forward the next foot and so on and on.
Leave any animal on a single leg and give it a push, it will hit the ground hard with no chance to prevent that from happening. Swipe a leg of a human and give it a push and you just make him/her move another step. As long as said person moves his/her leg that is.
Last edited by Madner Kami on Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Thank you. I'm trying.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Hospitalized with a bad infection and heart issues. Fingers crossed doesn't leave anything permanent.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

So I was watching Discovery last night with the personal transporters and just kind of rerealized that the com badges introduced in TNG aren't actually conducting any transporting signals and are communicators that are just invariably used before transporting.
Power laces... alright.