What's Going on with Everyone's Lives

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
McAvoy
Captain

Re: What's Going on with Everyone's Lives

Post by McAvoy »

Here is something fun and nasty.

Contracted jungle rot (athlete's foot) for the first time since I left the Navy. How I got rid of it the first time depute eight years with it was being able to wear flip flops for a couple of months straight. Which dried it out and it went away.

At worse it hurts as it can split the skin or cause a really bad rash that's hard to walk on. At best, it's just itchy.
I got nothing to say here.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

McAvoy wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:07 am Here is something fun and nasty.

Contracted jungle rot (athlete's foot) for the first time since I left the Navy. How I got rid of it the first time depute eight years with it was being able to wear flip flops for a couple of months straight. Which dried it out and it went away.

At worse it hurts as it can split the skin or cause a really bad rash that's hard to walk on. At best, it's just itchy.
It makes sense. Shoes make the environment for your feet a comparable rain forest next to Death Valley
Power laces... alright.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:10 pm
McAvoy wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:07 am Here is something fun and nasty.

It makes sense. Shoes make the environment for your feet a comparable rain forest next to Death Valley
Which is why changing socks is a big deal in the military. Especially for the Army and Marines. I was on the flight deck on a carrier so I had to change socks, but usually sailors will spend most of their time inside the ship.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

That’s pretty inconsiderate of them.
Power laces... alright.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:59 pm That’s pretty inconsiderate of them.
No. Marines and Army spend alot of time outside. Which makes feet sweat.

I spent alot of time on top of the ship outside. It was my job. Still needed personnel inside doing other things to keep the ship moving. Otherwise the carrier ends becoming the world's most expensive barge.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

McAvoy wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:49 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:59 pm That’s pretty inconsiderate of them.

I spent alot of time on top of the ship outside. It was my job. Still needed personnel inside doing other things to keep the ship moving. Otherwise the carrier ends becoming the world's most expensive barge.
Barges can be useful.
Power laces... alright.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:12 pm

Barges can be useful.
When they are cheap though. $6 billion ain't cheap.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

McAvoy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:34 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:12 pm

Barges can be useful.
When they are cheap though. $6 billion ain't cheap.
It is compared to the new $13 billion ones.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Yeah.
Power laces... alright.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Also yesterday I realized that dental floss is probably one of the top 10 things you will never need to keep on hand in your car just in case.
Power laces... alright.