The Left was Anti-War even during the lead up to WW2 (and the Right was not)

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
McAvoy
Captain

Re: The Left was Anti-War even during the lead up to WW2 (and the Right was not)

Post by McAvoy »

MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:29 am
McAvoy wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:13 am
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:43 am
McAvoy wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:33 am Not to mention that in this scenerio, Americans are not involved. Which means relies on the Soviets taking the mantle of defeating Nazi Germany. Which means instead of a split Germany, we have a full blown Russian controlled communist Germany in the 1950's. Maybe even a communist Soviet France as well, perhaps for a time.
That is precisely the outcome I consider preferable.
What a communist Europe under the thumb of Russia?
I have my issues with Soviet Style Communism as a Kautskyist, but it's still better then Capitalism.
That doesn't answer a single thing.
I got nothing to say here.
TGLS
Captain

Re: The Left was Anti-War even during the lead up to WW2 (and the Right was not)

Post by TGLS »

McAvoy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:05 am
McAvoy wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:33 am Not to mention that in this scenerio, Americans are not involved. Which means relies on the Soviets taking the mantle of defeating Nazi Germany. Which means instead of a split Germany, we have a full blown Russian controlled communist Germany in the 1950's. Maybe even a communist Soviet France as well, perhaps for a time.
I have my issues with Soviet Style Communism as a Kautskyist, but it's still better then Capitalism.
Well, no it does answer one question, namely:
Q: Which is better: The Polish People's Republic or The French Fourth Republic?
A: The Polish People's Republic.

Nevermind that any success that the communist government of Poland managed was topped by the French, who accomplished it without mass violence and murder.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

TGLS wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:01 pm
McAvoy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:05 am
Well, no it does answer one question, namely:
Q: Which is better: The Polish People's Republic or The French Fourth Republic?
A: The Polish People's Republic.

Nevermind that any success that the communist government of Poland managed was topped by the French, who accomplished it without mass violence and murder.
The Fourth French Republic accomplished nothing but being toppled in a Fascist Coup.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

MithrandirOlorin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:11 pmThe Fourth French Republic accomplished nothing but being toppled in a Fascist Coup.
What the flying fuck... :?:
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:26 pm
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:11 pmThe Fourth French Republic accomplished nothing but being toppled in a Fascist Coup.
Yeah. This is starting to amaze me.
I got nothing to say here.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

McAvoy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:55 pm
Okay I was expecting some resistance to labeling De Gaulle Fascist but you guys are reacting like you don't know how short lived the Fourth Republic is. You don't know current France is not by anyone still the Fourth Republic right?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:26 pm
Okay I was expecting some resistance to labeling De Gaulle Fascist but you guys are reacting like you don't know how short lived the Fourth Republic is. You don't know current France is not by anyone still the Fourth Republic right?
Fascists aren't really known for making the system they run more democratic and then stepping down after two terms.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

hammerofglass wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:40 pm
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:26 pm
Fascists aren't really known for making the system they run more democratic and then stepping down after two terms.
Or for that matter throwing in the towel when a war is unwinnable and seeking a peaceful compromise.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Or starting the European Union.
Power laces... alright.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:48 am Or starting the European Union.
Actually the EU's origins is heavily tied to The Nazis. Walther Funk, Hans Globke, Alfred Toepfer, and Prince Bernhard of The Netherlands were all key players.