Video player better than VLC

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
McAvoy
Captain

Video player better than VLC

Post by McAvoy »

I have been using VLC to watch or listen to videos on my phone for awhile now. I have found that after a certain point in the size of the quality (past 720) I suffer from video fail. Graying out while the audio plays. Or at best visual blocking and slight delays compared to the audio. All of this is happens on the MKV video types.

I have updated of course. Still has this issue. Anyone can recommend a better video player for MKV and other video types without any issues?
I got nothing to say here.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Video player better than VLC

Post by Madner Kami »

Sounds more like a file-corruption issue, rather than a playback-/codec-issue. No player is going to fix such a problem.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:50 am Sounds more like a file-corruption issue, rather than a playback-/codec-issue. No player is going to fix such a problem.
No. If it was a handful then I would agree, but it's very consistent with MKV files and I have found player that doesn't struggle with these files the old school classic Media Player.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

If you're still looking I had problems with VLC when my pc was under heavy load, and since I switched to MPC-BE I haven't had a single one.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

stryke wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:42 pm If you're still looking I had problems with VLC when my pc was under heavy load, and since I switched to MPC-BE I haven't had a single one.
Exactly abs I have used MPC which doesn't struggle with the MKV videos. The only problem I have with it, sometimes if I minimize it, the video player goes away but not the audio.