Stitch in Time!

A discussion area for Patreon reward-related subjects. Keep it civil. This area is a work in progress.
stryke
Captain

Stitch in Time!

Post by stryke »

Unexpected, but I'm so glad that he's doing this. I honnestly think it's the best Trek book period, and by a long shot too. Sure, I was rather unimpressed by a lot of other Trek novels I tried, but I do still think that it's dang solid piece of work.

Not normally one for conventions. Seriously, I've been to a couple and that's about it. Did go to one though that Andrew Robinson happened to be that. There he was with an empty queue next to Katee Sackhoff who had one the length of the entire hall (and it was a very big hall), and I figured i just had to take advantage of that and go gush at him about how good that book was. Still got the autograph I paid for to do so and once I managed to stop being a blathering idiot got to have a solid conversation with him which was honnestly pretty great.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: Stitch in Time!

Post by Deledrius »

Wait, who's doing what now?

I too loved this novel. It was exceptional, and I was legitimately saddened when it was over and I had to put it down.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Deledrius wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:48 pm Wait, who's doing what now?
Well basically if you back at the Redshirt level or higher on Patreon you get audio books as read by Chuck.

Technically this is a rule 6 violation, but given that the other audiobooks haven't been publicly released, and there's next to nothing that can be spoiled (what are you going to do, spoil a novel from 20 years ago?), I think it's fine to let this slip by.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Oh, I had no idea!
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

stryke wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:28 pm Unexpected, but I'm so glad that he's doing this. I honnestly think it's the best Trek book period, and by a long shot too. Sure, I was rather unimpressed by a lot of other Trek novels I tried, but I do still think that it's dang solid piece of work.

Not normally one for conventions. Seriously, I've been to a couple and that's about it. Did go to one though that Andrew Robinson happened to be that. There he was with an empty queue next to Katee Sackhoff who had one the length of the entire hall (and it was a very big hall), and I figured i just had to take advantage of that and go gush at him about how good that book was. Still got the autograph I paid for to do so and once I managed to stop being a blathering idiot got to have a solid conversation with him which was honnestly pretty great.
I've been to a single convention in my life and my only takeaway thought of it was that Avery Brooks is a nob. You would think at £40 a signature he could muster a fucking smile but he looked as if he didn't even want to be there. I thought before going there that I would be framing that autograph. I was so disheartened that I don't even know what I did with it anymore.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

clearspira wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:44 pm You would think at £40 a signature he could muster a fucking smile but he looked as if he didn't even want to be there.
I have pretty deeply mixed feelings about this entire part of fan interaction at conventions. I think overall it's miserable for everyone involved, and feels like a holdover from earlier times.