Discussing Patreon Rewards

For general announcements concerning the forums such as rules, known issues, and announcement-like stuff in general.
Ghilz
Officer

Post by Ghilz »

So I know the Forum has strict "Don't discuss videos in early access"

But what about stuff that's only in Patreon Reviews?
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Re: Discussing Patreon Rewards

Post by Steve »

Ghilz wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:48 am So I know the Forum has strict "Don't discuss videos in early access"

Honestly, I'm not sure about that. I'd lean toward no, since it's still Patreon content.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Ghilz
Officer

Post by Ghilz »

Steve wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:11 pm
Ghilz wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:48 am So I know the Forum has strict "Don't discuss videos in early access"

Honestly, I'm not sure about that. I'd lean toward no, since it's still Patreon content.
So we're not allowed to discuss it at al? That's wonderfully shitty. I mean, why not? Just don't link to the content.

Heck, make a patreon exclusive forum section at worst. Rather than penalize people backing the Patreon.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Doesn't Patreon have a discussion area?
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

On the Patreon site, updates for each new item posted show up in Inbox, where the only discussion available is you can reply to Chuck and he can reply back if necessary. You can also comment on his posts made to the channel blog, but those are rare (he's made 9 posts in five years). I guess there's a Community tab too, but I've never used it and, after clicking on it, it seems few others use it either.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

We'll see what we can do about this. I for one would benefit from knowing what people are and aren't interested in seeing (I was planning to send out a survey once the new system was past the growing pains stage). For instance, I wasn't even sure people were listening to the Lone Wolf stuff until someone wrote in about it.

I just hope it's not a dumping ground for "Chuck's late AGAIN!" :lol: (slinks back to editing Cube)
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

SFDebris wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:45 pm I just hope it's not a dumping ground for "Chuck's late AGAIN!" :lol: (slinks back to editing Cube)
Say, isn't another episode due today on the rewards page? :D

...I am such a bastard. :twisted:
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Steve wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Say, isn't another episode due today on the rewards page? :D

...I am such a bastard. :twisted:
No, seriously, I'm kidding Chuck, please don't take that as criticism.

Kamglakly
Redshirt

Post by Kamglakly »

There is an internal discussion taking place about how this experiment will unfold prior to your post, even, but the points you bring up will also be taken under advisement. More will be posted publicly when some decisions are made.