Forum Rollback

For general announcements concerning the forums such as rules, known issues, and announcement-like stuff in general.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Forum Rollback

Post by SFDebris »

We recently moved all the websites to a new host. Unfortunately, it looks like there was about a 36 hour period between that time and the time when the new host took over, hence why your posts from Monday or Tuesday are missing. I was hoping to get a backup in place, but the process went forward before I thought it was going to happen, so we weren't able to.

I'm sorry for anything that might have been lost. I had hoped this would be a smoother transition than what happened.

Ultimately, though, this should be a change for the better. Are new hosting company is found at or near the top of lists of best webhosts, has an active technical support staff, and does not have fundamental errors in its web management infrastructure, all positives.

Again, I was hoping we could do this at a more opportune time, but looks like there was a miscommunication, so apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Admiral X
Captain

Re: Forum Rollback

Post by Admiral X »

*shrug* Like Forrest Gump says. ;)
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

This seems to have affected more than just the forums (either that or there's a second, unrelated problem going on simultaneously). I bring up the main page of the site, and suddenly the most recent review visible is the Superman vs. the Elite video. What the hell's with that?
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

That's fixed now. Is There In Truth No Beauty and Kino's Journey 10 are back and the new SWTOR video is up.
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

A hearty woot for the sysadmins!
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K