Server Move Error Thread

For general announcements concerning the forums such as rules, known issues, and announcement-like stuff in general.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Re: Server Move Error Thread

Post by SFDebris »

Found it! The advantage to doing all your own coding is you're not subject to the whim of some other company's software. This disadvantage is you've gotta sort your messes out yourself.

When I copied the data for the July calendar, something malfunctioned and overwrote the calendar information onto the master link list, so I just restored the overwritten files. Let me know if something is still broken with that.

I've also sorted out the formatting on the B5 sidebar.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Deledrius
Captain

Re: Server Move Error Thread

Post by Deledrius »

SFDebris wrote:I've fixed the coding error (sorry about that ampersand slipping through). Could you please clarify two things for me:

1) are you saying the link for RSS on the front page doesn't work, or that it's too well hidden to be seen? (So that I know which direction to focus on while trying to fix it)

2) is the subscription option not appearing, or just giving an error?
FYI, adding

Code: Select all

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Feed - Sfdebris.net" href="https://sfdebris.com/tools/rss.xml">
to the site's <head> would make the feed automatically discoverable to browsers like Firefox that display an icon indicating it, as well as other tools made to find such things. Hopefully a minor edit for you, but it makes things a lot easier and less hidden.