Server Move Error Thread

For general announcements concerning the forums such as rules, known issues, and announcement-like stuff in general.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Server Move Error Thread

Post by SFDebris »

I've completed the move to the new server and updated the site. Please list any errors such as missing videos, wrong videos, missing or incorrect still images, etc. here.

Please do NOT include editing errors in this thread (such as wrong theme music, incorrect title, etc).

Thank you.

Known issues:
Missing Stills For:
Prime Directive
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (Intro)
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Intro)
First Contact (episode) Follow-up

Error on Still for:
Dr. Who: The Invasion
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
jbster
Redshirt

Re: Server Move Error Thread

Post by jbster »

Hi Chuck, I love your videos but every one of them will no longer play for me because vidme does not work with firefox, all the vids I click on just lead to a black window where the video should be playing but doesn't. Even if i go down to the time scroll bar thing at the bottom to skip ahead one second or two in the video so it might be forced to start playing but that still does nothing. I tried all the fixes I could find but none work and nothing I do can get any vids on that site to work. This has always been the case for me but it was never a problem, I just accepted that I was never going to be able to use it, until you put your stuff there, now I'm just hoping that you putting your stuff on vidme is only temporary because if this is going to be the permanent host site for your videos I will never be able to watch any of them again. (youtube is poison for your type of content, blip is gone, and neither mozilla or vidme people care about my problem) It may be to late for me to beg you not to use vidme but please reconsider using vidme, firefox users like me can't get it to work.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

i also use firefox exclusively, and vidme works perfectly fine for me (on windows at least, android is a little trickier, & took me a while to figure out). what operating system are you using? are you using noscript, ghostery, or any other extensions that may interfere with the site's scripts?

on android:
1) press the video-box on the page
2) then when it turns into a blank black box, longpress it again to get a popup menu with a few options
3a) press 'show controls' then press the play button on the control bar to start the video
3b) press 'play' to make the black box turn gray, then press the gray box to make the video actually play
3c) press 'save media' to download the video as a .mp4 file, which you can play with a regular video-player app (i strongly suggest VLC)
3d) press 'open with an app' to send the .mp4 file directly to an app (again, i suggest VLC)

if all that fails, you can download the vidme app
Anonymous
Redshirt

Post by Anonymous »

The videos work fine for my browser, but my main bummer is that I can no longer play the videos on my 3DS - is this because Vid.me doesn't support HTML5?
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

if all else fails, you can try using one of these sites. i've never used any of them though, so i can't vouch for the safety of anything you download through them though. so be at least somewhat cautious.
Kayvon
Redshirt

Post by Kayvon »

Firefox seems to work fine with vid.me, but it does require that 3rd party cookies are enabled for vid.me.

It looks like some of your videos are tagged for "terms of use", such as Voyager's Rise: http://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/v860.php
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

I've taken some steps to hopefully prevent this from continuing. Can anyone make a list of the now-missing videos, please?
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Kayvon wrote:Firefox seems to work fine with vid.me, but it does require that 3rd party cookies are enabled for vid.me.
Good catch. If anyone is using Privacy Badger (or other extensions which protect you from cookie abuse) you'll need to consider making an exception for vid.me, as it appears to block the entire domain by default. Setting mine to only block cookies was sufficient.
IrrCapT
Redshirt

Post by IrrCapT »

Visited all the videos and checked their title images against their names and the current title card format.

Missing Stills:
TNG: The High Ground (No Title Card)
Star Trek: The Worst of the Worst 4 and 5 (maybe, they look different than the other 4)
Specials: It's Not Easy, Being God (Not sure if it is meant to have a title card)
Specials: Star Trek: Into Darkness (Not sure if it is meant to have a title card)

Possibly Incorrect Stills:
B5: War Without End pt 1 (Old style still)
Film: Dune pt 1 (PT 1 title Missing)
Film: Forbidden planet (Part 1 title Missing)
Film: It: The Terror from beyond space (Part titles misssing)
Film: The Matrix (Part 1 title missing)
TNG: The Game (The episode is correct, but the still is from Stargate Atlantis)
Last edited by IrrCapT on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
TheNewTeddy
Officer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

IrrCapT wrote:Checked through Star Trek, Anime, and Animation

Copyright Claim:
Movie: Wrath of Khan(both)
TOS: The City on the Edge of Forever
Voy: Rise
Voy: Blink of an Eye (but not other vid)
Voy: Q2 (pt1)
Animation: Legend of Korra: Episode 3

Missing Video:
TOS: Amok Time

Missing Stills:
TNG: The High Ground
Star Trek: The Worst of the Worst 4 and 5 (maybe, they look different than the other 4)
If I understand what he did; I've done the same for everything except the categories listed at the bottom

Something about the Babylon 5 section formatting gets screwy.
I see standard formatting here
http://sfdebris.com/videos/babylon5.php
with all the videos in the list having a black background box outline

However clicking into a video
http://sfdebris.com/videos/babylon5/b5sze0.php
gets rid of that black background outline for the video list.

The videos themselves all have proper images and none have been stuck down.

Remaining videos, in all other sub-sections, all have proper images and none have been stuck down.

These following sections were not done:
x files
stargate
films
doctor who

As with last time we had a move, I will be watching EVERY SINGLE VIDEO chuck has. As with last time, this may take weeks. However, it's been a while, and, I'm starving for videos to watch as of late; so, through the archives I go.