Server Move Error Thread

For general announcements concerning the forums such as rules, known issues, and announcement-like stuff in general.
Formless One
Officer

Re: Server Move Error Thread

Post by Formless One »

jbster wrote:Hi Chuck, I love your videos but every one of them will no longer play for me because vidme does not work with firefox, all the vids I click on just lead to a black window where the video should be playing but doesn't. Even if i go down to the time scroll bar thing at the bottom to skip ahead one second or two in the video so it might be forced to start playing but that still does nothing. I tried all the fixes I could find but none work and nothing I do can get any vids on that site to work. This has always been the case for me but it was never a problem, I just accepted that I was never going to be able to use it, until you put your stuff there, now I'm just hoping that you putting your stuff on vidme is only temporary because if this is going to be the permanent host site for your videos I will never be able to watch any of them again. (youtube is poison for your type of content, blip is gone, and neither mozilla or vidme people care about my problem) It may be to late for me to beg you not to use vidme but please reconsider using vidme, firefox users like me can't get it to work.
I can't seem to get the videos to load on this website either, but they play just fine on vid.me itself. Just search for his channel and you should be able to find the videos there.
“If something burns your soul with purpose and desire, it’s your duty to be reduced to ashes by it. Any other form of existence will be yet another dull book in the library of life.” --- Charles Bukowski
IrrCapT
Redshirt

Post by IrrCapT »

I've completed my survey and updated my list. Also, like Teddy, I will be watching them all too. Teddy, I'll start at the bottom, and you start at the top?
Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
Formless One
Officer

Post by Formless One »

Formless One wrote:
jbster wrote:Hi Chuck, I love your videos but every one of them will no longer play for me because vidme does not work with firefox, all the vids I click on just lead to a black window where the video should be playing but doesn't. Even if i go down to the time scroll bar thing at the bottom to skip ahead one second or two in the video so it might be forced to start playing but that still does nothing. I tried all the fixes I could find but none work and nothing I do can get any vids on that site to work. This has always been the case for me but it was never a problem, I just accepted that I was never going to be able to use it, until you put your stuff there, now I'm just hoping that you putting your stuff on vidme is only temporary because if this is going to be the permanent host site for your videos I will never be able to watch any of them again. (youtube is poison for your type of content, blip is gone, and neither mozilla or vidme people care about my problem) It may be to late for me to beg you not to use vidme but please reconsider using vidme, firefox users like me can't get it to work.
I can't seem to get the videos to load on this website either, but they play just fine on vid.me itself. Just search for his channel and you should be able to find the videos there.
Oh, also you can click the vidme link in the top left corner of the player to be taken straight to the vid.me page for a given embedded video. So if the videos still won't play for you when embedded but you can see the title screen, you can still use this site for navigation purposes.
“If something burns your soul with purpose and desire, it’s your duty to be reduced to ashes by it. Any other form of existence will be yet another dull book in the library of life.” --- Charles Bukowski
TheNewTeddy
Officer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

IrrCapT wrote:I've completed my survey and updated my list. Also, like Teddy, I will be watching them all too. Teddy, I'll start at the bottom, and you start at the top?
I'll be watching semi-randomly at my leisure. If you keep a list of watched videos somewhere I'll know what to avoid.
QueenCassie
Redshirt

Post by QueenCassie »

Firstly please forgive this one post account--I'm a Patreon member($10/month) and I think I had an account at these forums before, but I could not for the life of me remember the username (none of my usuals worked) so I had to reregister.

Secondly, my concern with Vidme is that even after working out how to get it to work on Firefox, I can't figure out how to turn down the quality settings. I'm currently using satellite internet on an extremely low bandwidth setting because it's all I can afford due to my living circumstances. (Let's just say if it were up to me I'd be somewhere I could still have high speed internet.) What this means is that I can't really watch videos at any higher than 144p/180p (the previous minimum setting) without eating huge chunks into that bandwidth. I was really loving how cheaply I could watch Chuck's video's before, but now it seems to force it into a high quality that eats tons from my bandwidth with every video.

This is probably a really weird request in this day and age of the internet, I know, and I apologize, but is there a way to force it to play at lowest quality? I haven't been able to figure it out even after a lot of Google searching.
Axius27
Redshirt

Post by Axius27 »

QueenCassie wrote:Firstly please forgive this one post account--I'm a Patreon member($10/month) and I think I had an account at these forums before, but I could not for the life of me remember the username (none of my usuals worked) so I had to reregister.

Secondly, my concern with Vidme is that even after working out how to get it to work on Firefox, I can't figure out how to turn down the quality settings. I'm currently using satellite internet on an extremely low bandwidth setting because it's all I can afford due to my living circumstances. (Let's just say if it were up to me I'd be somewhere I could still have high speed internet.) What this means is that I can't really watch videos at any higher than 144p/180p (the previous minimum setting) without eating huge chunks into that bandwidth. I was really loving how cheaply I could watch Chuck's video's before, but now it seems to force it into a high quality that eats tons from my bandwidth with every video.

This is probably a really weird request in this day and age of the internet, I know, and I apologize, but is there a way to force it to play at lowest quality? I haven't been able to figure it out even after a lot of Google searching.
(I definitely had an account here. I think they got wiped when the forums died last year)

I concur with QueenCassie's question. I live in Australia, a land whose top tier, most expensive internet speed is barely 2/5ths of what is considered a human right in Europe. I'm one of the lucky few that live in an area where that top tier internet is available, but most people I know have never seen anything above 1mbps, and at least one who is in the same situation as Queen Cassie. Low bandwidth options are always welcome here.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

I have a few things on my plate, but I'll put this on the list of things to check into once they are done.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
LiteYear
Redshirt

Post by LiteYear »

I've seen a couple errors in the additional videos (the six listed after the main video).

Missing Still:
Angels Take Manhattan (Doctor Who)
Civil Defense (DS9)
Cybermen (Doctor Who)
Episode 4 for Gurren Lagaan (Anime)
Episode 5 for Gurren Lagaan (Anime)
F. Emasculata (X-Files)
Little Green Men (DS9)
Metropolis (Films)
Miri (TOS)
Shadowplay (DS9)
The War Prayer (Babylon 5)

Possibly Incorrect Still
Dragon Age: Awakening - Part 1 (uses the same still from Part 3, but without Part 3 on it)

Broken Links:
Dragon Age: Awakening (Video Games) - Parts 2 to 5 (Part 2 links to sfdebris.com/videos/games/dragonageawakening-2.php)

I've also seen a blank link appear in the additional videos (linking to sfdebris.com/videos//.php).
crankyconner
Redshirt

Post by crankyconner »

Both parts of "The Wrath of Khan" cannot be viewed. They both say: "This video has been suspended either due to a copyright claim, or for violating the terms of use."
bobbrom
Redshirt

Post by bobbrom »

Hey, I don't know if anyone else is getting this but I can't view your videos on my iPhone.
Whether it be on Chrome, Firefox or Safari.