Server Move Error Thread

For general announcements concerning the forums such as rules, known issues, and announcement-like stuff in general.
IrrCapT
Redshirt

Re: Server Move Error Thread

Post by IrrCapT »

Apparently some of the videos are still being hit, cause I've found more that are now copyright blocked that weren't a few days ago. I'll check through them again and update the lsit.
Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
Yargling
Redshirt

Post by Yargling »

Hi Chuck,

Not so much an error as a missing feature that used to be on the site (and still has title headings on the pages) - playlists; I don't know if your new provider can provide that feature, but if they can could you restore those? If not, might be worth removing the headings from the video pages.
FakeGeekGirl
Officer

Post by FakeGeekGirl »

The sound is missing on Equinox Part 1 - the video plays fine but with no sound. And yes the other two parts are fine for whatever reason.
crankyconner
Redshirt

Post by crankyconner »

FakeGeekGirl wrote:The sound is missing on Equinox Part 1 - the video plays fine but with no sound. And yes the other two parts are fine for whatever reason.
The only part missing sound is the opening titles. The actual review has sound. This same problem has been around since Chuck moved from Blip.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

This isn't an error really, but I'm trying to watch the new BSG review and it's taking hours to load.
maquise
Redshirt

Post by maquise »

I've noticed that I can't seem to get the videos to work in-browser on IOS. Now, there is a VidMe app that lets me watch them, but it is next to impossible to find anything through the app's current interface.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

I've gone through all the Trek's and made a few tweaks to hopefully keep the robots from screwing with them further.

Those, Transformers film, Korra 3, Fresh Bones, and TTT should all be working now.

I will be seeing about sorting out the cards and the formatting for B5 next week (I still have to complete prep work for June this week in addition to regular work and catching up on B5's review, so I've got to put the polishing on the back burner).
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
TheNewTeddy
Officer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

I may have found the B5 cards problem and solution for you; lack of

Code: Select all

<ul class="ep">
and the /ul tags in the HTML code

edit:

yea, I played around with inspect element in chrome; this will fix the problem!
Percysowner
Redshirt

Post by Percysowner »

The RSS feed for SFDebris doesn't work. I can't find a subscribe button on the home page. I added /rss to the end of SFDebris/index/php and a list that looks a LITTLE like an Rss feed comes up, but it also does not have a subscribe option. I live by my RSS feeds. Is this something you are going to drop as a feature? Or is it simply not working properly?
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Percysowner wrote:The RSS feed for SFDebris doesn't work. I can't find a subscribe button on the home page. I added /rss to the end of SFDebris/index/php and a list that looks a LITTLE like an Rss feed comes up, but it also does not have a subscribe option. I live by my RSS feeds. Is this something you are going to drop as a feature? Or is it simply not working properly?
I'm subscribed and it still seems to be updating: http://sfdebris.com/tools/rss.xml
It would be great to have it added to the page headers properly so it's discoverable.