Requests Temporarily Re-opened...

For general announcements concerning the forums such as rules, known issues, and announcement-like stuff in general.
BBally81
Officer

Re: Requests Temporarily Re-opened...

Post by BBally81 »

Astro Boy 2003 Anime adaptation
Orel
Redshirt

Post by Orel »

Back in August, I requested the 1984 post-apocalyptic film "Sexmission," but never got a reply to my e-mail--not having any other idea where to contact Chuck, this post is just in case the sonn@sfdebris.com e-mail address is defunct or something.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Orel wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:53 am Back in August, I requested the 1984 post-apocalyptic film "Sexmission," but never got a reply to my e-mail--not having any other idea where to contact Chuck, this post is just in case the sonn@sfdebris.com e-mail address is defunct or something.
I contacted him through the same email last week. Try again?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Also Cloud Atlas
Power laces... alright.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Orel wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:53 am Back in August, I requested the 1984 post-apocalyptic film "Sexmission," but never got a reply to my e-mail--not having any other idea where to contact Chuck, this post is just in case the sonn@sfdebris.com e-mail address is defunct or something.
I've never heard of this film before. And now i've looked into it.
Sounds like an interesting critique on both communism and totalitarian ideology in general.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Keyser94
Redshirt

Post by Keyser94 »

If you want science fiction anime I have two for you, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, the old one, and New Thesis (that is the abridge and with new scenes added version) and, Spaceship Battleship Yamato 2199, the movie, and 2202, if you do this request prior winter the better, because there it would be documentary style movie about Spaceship Battleship Yamato and a new season, called New Beginnings, staring this winter, I not know exactly the date because still don't even a trailer had come out yet.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

I really must get around to recommending Biggles: Adventures in Time at some point.
Asvarduil
Officer

Post by Asvarduil »

If you want non-anime animation, I'd recommend Avatar: The Last Airbender. I've been watching through that on Netflix and it's actually pretty well-written, has good action, arguably the best fictional magic system I've yet seen, and some genuinely good (and bad, and funny) moments in it.

It's the rare show I feel enriched for having watched.
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

Great that the temporary requests are still open after three years. However, I am still waiting on one series for seven years (I think. It's been so long I forgot) now. Two others have been started, but it's been over a year since their last episodes.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

jstrahan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:43 pm Great that the temporary requests are still open after three years. However, I am still waiting on one series for seven years (I think. It's been so long I forgot) now. Two others have been started, but it's been over a year since their last episodes.
Don't forget to lobby your representatives (if applicable) and donate to organizations like the EFF in the fight against bad copyright laws, so that Chuck can spend less time redoing the same work over and over.