The Next Evolution

For general announcements concerning the forums such as rules, known issues, and announcement-like stuff in general.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Re: The Next Evolution

Post by The Romulan Republic »

This all sounds good. I tend to enjoy the movie and book reviews, so this is something to look forward to.
PlasmaHam
Redshirt

Post by PlasmaHam »

Despite watching mainly for Star Trek, I'll agree that given your huge catalog of existing ST reviews, it would be a smart move to devote more of your time to other sci-fi works. I would like to see more movie reviews as well, I quite like them.
Edvarius
Officer

Post by Edvarius »

Man, I really need to pay more attention to announcements. Anyway, this seems like a great idea. I'm particularly looking forward to somewhat regular book reviews. I think those could be interesting, even if you don't go into the amount of detail that you did for the previous ones you've covered. Though I get the feeling that I probably haven't read most of the stuff you're likely to talk about as, well, I mostly read idealistic or comedic fantasy. Not much in the way of sci-fi. And as cool as I would find it, I really doubt the Valdemar series is going to find it's way to your show anytime... ever.
SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd
Redshirt

Post by SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd »

LavarosVA wrote:This sounds perfectly reasonable, but if I also may make a suggestion. Maybe you could open yourself up to reviewing Trek material that isn't just the shows/movies? There are plenty of comics and video games out there after all.
That's not a bad idea. Star Trek Online is actually broken up into "episodes" and "seasons" so it should be pretty easy to break it up so it all won't need to be done at once. One or two "episodes" per video should give plenty of material for years. And most of them can be picked apart and made fun of quite easily, or at least the early ones.
Petike
Redshirt

Post by Petike »

I think this is perfectly fine. :)

Also, if the Star Trek reviews really start running thin even with this adjustment in place for a few years, you always have plenty of Doctor Who episodes to review, Babylon 5 too, and plenty of others.

I concur with the others that you could always review some ancilliary ST stuff from time to time.
SamWiding
Redshirt

Post by SamWiding »

You could do the smaller Scifi shows from 1990-early 2000's

I so wanna see you do sliders episodes. :D

For anime I wanna see you tackle Monster since it got very little anime weirdness.