Here We Go Again (Updated with Restoration Progress)

For general announcements concerning the forums such as rules, known issues, and announcement-like stuff in general.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: Here We Go Again (Updated with Restoration Progress)

Post by Deledrius »

Near as I can tell, that seems to be correct.
TigerWoodsLibido
Redshirt

Post by TigerWoodsLibido »

Really wish there was a way to find his old Voyager reviews. They brought me so much joy and with my epilepsy getting worse, I wanted to re-watch every episode, then watch his savage reviews afterwards, but sadly, it appears they have been DMCAd. If anybody has a file of just his Voyager reviews, I would be eternally grateful. I remember them bringing joy to me back in the early 2010s and my life really needs something positive like that daily. I know I just registered but it sucks not knowing if I'm going to die every night. Hopefully somebody has a way...please PM
Xaios
Redshirt

Post by Xaios »

Has Chuck looked at the possibility of getting a dedicated server and hosting the videos himself? Obviously that option would be more expensive and more technically demanding than the current setup which has videos being streamed through third party video hosting providers, but it should be significantly less susceptible to external fuckery. The current system is flawed because whoever is issuing these copyright claims (CBS, ostensibly) doesn't have to justify anything with the host, while Chuck has to go through fire and water to fight it. If Chuck controls the infrastructure, that makes it a lot more difficult to screw with.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

So... any updates involving the restoration efforts?
Last edited by clearspira on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
TigerWoodsLibido
Redshirt

Post by TigerWoodsLibido »

Yeah this is going to be a huge bummer if we lose these Voyager reviews forever.
drewder
Officer

Post by drewder »

Xaios wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:19 am Has Chuck looked at the possibility of getting a dedicated server and hosting the videos himself? Obviously that option would be more expensive and more technically demanding than the current setup which has videos being streamed through third party video hosting providers, but it should be significantly less susceptible to external fuckery. The current system is flawed because whoever is issuing these copyright claims (CBS, ostensibly) doesn't have to justify anything with the host, while Chuck has to go through fire and water to fight it. If Chuck controls the infrastructure, that makes it a lot more difficult to screw with.
It would also open him up more directly to legal action.
technobabbler
Officer

Post by technobabbler »

clearspira wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:52 pm So... any updates involving the restoration efforts?
reviews back up, seen this thread from 2/25 ---- https://sfdebris.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4863&sid=f436cd320f5b3aaf80d36ee920d9cfa8
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

My only thinking now is... how long until it happens AGAIN...? Somebody at CBS must just REALLY fucking despise Chuck's content, that's all I can take away from this...
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
animalia
Officer

Post by animalia »

Macra Terror is down
[url]https://sfdebris.com/videos/doctorwho/s04e07.php[/url]
Senko
Redshirt

Post by Senko »

So are a lot of the star trek movie reviews that were on Bit Chute sadly.