Remaining Star Trek Episodes (TOS-SNW)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Remaining Star Trek Episodes (TOS-SNW)

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Nobody700 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:50 pm My main problem with Elron is... he is everything I hate about Picard and Discovery. He just does not at all fit... period. He is extremely boring, but in your face boring. He is bland in the worst ways, but oh man look how COOL ELRON IS, HE HAS A SWORD... he... he stabs things. He is unecessary, unwanted, and very critically stupid. He only fights for doomed causes. Which explains his entire everything.
Elron pisses me off because he's clearly meant to be Picard's son figure...and then they give that role to someone else.

But given he's a young boyish man trained by an order of female orders, I also see him as Sokka.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I keep forgetting Elron was even supposed to be a Romulan. He's just a fantasy elf that wandered into the wrong story.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

hammerofglass wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:53 pm I keep forgetting Elron was even supposed to be a Romulan. He's just a fantasy elf that wandered into the wrong story.
In your defence, he's a sword-dancer with superhuman abilities from another world, with long, straight hair and pointy ears. He's a time- and realm-displaced fantasy Elf. And you can't even say: "He's a fantasy-elf in all but name", because his name is the name of a pen and paper low effort fantasy elf. I mean, seriously? Elron(d)? That's something I expect from a teen doing his first RPG.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:41 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:53 pm I keep forgetting Elron was even supposed to be a Romulan. He's just a fantasy elf that wandered into the wrong story.
In your defence, he's a sword-dancer with superhuman abilities from another world, with long, straight hair and pointy ears. He's a time- and realm-displaced fantasy Elf. And you can't even say: "He's a fantasy-elf in all but name", because his name is the name of a pen and paper low effort fantasy elf. I mean, seriously? Elron(d)? That's something I expect from a teen doing his first RPG.
Actually that whole crew first season is like kids on their first RPG come to think of it. Three different people did the "rogue with a traumatic past who Works Alone and Doesn't Play by the Rules" cliche, Agnes built a skill monkey, and Picard is played by Elron's dad who's been playing since the 90s and the DM asked him to show them the ropes. Soji's an NPC.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

hammerofglass wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:26 am
Actually that whole crew first season is like kids on their first RPG come to think of it. Three different people did the "rogue with a traumatic past who Works Alone and Doesn't Play by the Rules" cliche, Agnes built a skill monkey, and Picard is played by Elron's dad who's been playing since the 90s and the DM asked him to show them the ropes. Soji's an NPC.
I feel like it's a strange thing to think it's odd for a crew of outlaws to be outlaws.

But mind you, I love the Firefly/Traveller energy of the whole thing.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:50 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:26 am
I feel like it's a strange thing to think it's odd for a crew of outlaws to be outlaws.

But mind you, I love the Firefly/Traveller energy of the whole thing.
I got myself casting the players for a Darths&Droids style campaign comic version in my head is what that was lol.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Hey does anyone know which review has the joke where Chuck says every hanger bay is hanger bay 4, and said some of the crew got in a fight over it.