Star Trek Discovery: The Vulcan Hello

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Megabeatman
Redshirt

Star Trek Discovery: The Vulcan Hello

Post by Megabeatman »

http://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/c101.php

Well, he’s begun looking at the newest Star Trek series for the 10th anniversary. I do like how his dialogue at the end hints at the next review. (TOS: Court Martial)
CrypticMirror
Captain

Re: Star Trek Discovery: The Vulcan Hello

Post by CrypticMirror »

Personally I don't think STD picks up until we get the next captain. Once Mercer takes over it really gets good.
BigGator5
Redshirt

WTF?

Post by BigGator5 »

I foresee Chuck giving STD a pass. It might be good Sci-Fi, but it is terrible Star Trek Sci-Fi.

Oh, I'm not calling it ST:DIS or ST:DISCO. It is, and forever be, the STD.
"There are worse things out there, than reptiles." -BigGator5
SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd
Redshirt

Post by SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd »

Really loving the choice of theme music for the Discovery reviews. Very appropriate.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

CrypticMirror wrote:Personally I don't think STD picks up until we get the next captain. Once Mercer takes over it really gets good.
His comment on this captain suggests he may think otherwise.
BigGator5 wrote:I foresee Chuck giving STD a pass. It might be good Sci-Fi, but it is terrible Star Trek Sci-Fi.

Oh, I'm not calling it ST:DIS or ST:DISCO. It is, and forever be, the STD.
I was foreseeing that, but some of his comments in this review make me think he may not be so generous. I think he'll land middle of the road, yeah maybe with the 'good sci fi, not so good trek' thing. I guess we'll see.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

What are you talking about... its Michelle ****ing Yeoh

anything after her is a step down
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Wait, how is he going to fairly judge this? All his Trek reviews are only relative to their own series. Discovery hasn't ended yet, has it? Season 2 is in the works, right? So... WTH?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Yukaphile wrote:Wait, how is he going to fairly judge this? All his Trek reviews are only relative to their own series. Discovery hasn't ended yet, has it? Season 2 is in the works, right? So... WTH?
He's not rating them. The review is a review only. And I've heard this show is highly serialized so it's not a show you can skip much of anyway for that type of rating.
WhiteDragon25
Redshirt

Post by WhiteDragon25 »

Oh man, I have been waiting for this review. I hope Chuck absolutely rips it to shreds, because STD truly is a most terrible insult to virtually everything what Star Trek is and stands for. No Star Trek fan should tolerate such a slap in the face, least of all Chuck, whose very career has been built around it.
White Lightning FTW!
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

That's... a lot of dutch angles. Sorry, I was stung by a Battlefield: Earth and my system developed hypersensitivity. I'll have a trach kit on hand for part 2, because you can't be too careful. Yeah, it's a nit pick, and I like the special effects other than that. I really like the pre-TNG take on the Prime Directive, where Starfleet won't protect civilizations to death for their own good.

I hear the series is getting a fairly major revamp for season 2, so someone didn't like something, but TNG season one was pretty revampworthy, too. Seeing as I won't be seeing the show itself anyway (barring Netflix release in the U.S.), that's probably all I should say about it.

"Court Martial" is one of the TOS episodes I've really been looking forward to a review of.
Last edited by Darth Wedgius on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.