Drone (VOY)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Eishtmo
Officer

Re: Drone (VOY)

Post by Eishtmo »

Before or after Janeway experiments on them?

I'm being silly, WHILE she experiments on them. And the crew.
WhiteDragon25
Redshirt

Post by WhiteDragon25 »

SFDebris wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:44 pmThat's disgusting to think about.

Obviously they're used in the stew pot.
Are you implying cannibalism, dear sir!? For shame, to insult the honor and integrity of Captain Janeway so profanely!

She rather prefers impaling the corpses upon metal salvage from blasted ships she destroyed, and leaving them on the nearest inhabited planet to serve as a message to all those who'd cross her.

She's quite the fan of Vlad the Impaler, after all! Why not pay homage to one of her personal heroes? ;)
White Lightning FTW!
slochmoeller
Redshirt

Post by slochmoeller »

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but anyone know what happened to return of the jedi? I was looking forward to it, and hope it goes back on the schedule...
BlackoutCreature2
Officer

Post by BlackoutCreature2 »

Another episode of Voyager that I have no memory of despite the fact that I know I've seen every episode of Voyager. And this one seems like it was actually somewhat important to the series.

After Chuck gave his description of the Voyager shuttle pilots all I could think of was Launchpad McQuack.

You'd think they'd have safeguards in place to prevent their video phones from just starting up while one side is in the bathroom. Heck, you actually have to accept the call from the comm badge to get a two way conversation going on it and that's for official business. Why wouldn't the video phones, which mostly seem to be used for personal matters, have a button or voice command on them or something?

I could actually see it being an interesting story arc where The Doctor, after getting his freedom and getting years to explore it and grow as, well, we'll go with a life-form, suddenly has it all ripped away with no real chance of getting it back and has to deal with it. Something to explore long term. Not really Voyager's forte I guess.

Again, I have no memory of this episode, so maybe I'd feel different if I watched it again in full, but 9 seems a bit overrated from what I saw in this review. To me it looked like a 7 tops (no pun intended).
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

SFDebris wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:44 pm
J!! wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:40 pm
WhiteDragon25 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:14 pm Now, the question I ask after the end of the episode is: what did they do with the rest of the body?
Actually, that raises another question, that I don't think I've ever seen asked before: what do they normally do with the corpses of all the aliens who die on board Voyager? Do incinerate them, or just toss 'em into space, leaving a literal trail of bodies in their wake?
That's disgusting to think about.

Janeway has a cargo bay dedicated to storing her "collection".
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

in actual stories probably cold storage like the caretake's remains

in insane janeway world, display case with a stasis field to keep it exactly as it was when it died horribly so she can see the fear in its eyes
Dargaron
Officer

Post by Dargaron »

SFDebris wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:44 pm
J!! wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:40 pm
WhiteDragon25 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:14 pm Now, the question I ask after the end of the episode is: what did they do with the rest of the body?
Actually, that raises another question, that I don't think I've ever seen asked before: what do they normally do with the corpses of all the aliens who die on board Voyager? Do incinerate them, or just toss 'em into space, leaving a literal trail of bodies in their wake?
That's disgusting to think about.

You know, given that Federation Humans (according to Gene) have evolved to understand and accept death as the natural end of life, the Bajorans believe that the body is just a shell after the Pagh is gone, and Klingons likewise don't care what happens to the corpse, isn't there a fairly large component of the crew who wouldn't have a problem with the "Neelix" method of corpse disposal?
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

BlackoutCreature2 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:05 amYou'd think they'd have safeguards in place to prevent their video phones from just starting up while one side is in the bathroom. Heck, you actually have to accept the call from the comm badge to get a two way conversation going on it and that's for official business. Why wouldn't the video phones, which mostly seem to be used for personal matters, have a button or voice command on them or something?
I've always assumed they do, and that the Doctor was using his medical access to bypass such restrictions.
Ranchoth
Redshirt

Post by Ranchoth »

The one thing I've always wondered about this episode...they were playing up the whole "One as Seven's sort-of child" aspect, right? Okay, fine and good, sure.

But, ah...what about Ensign Mulchaey? The guy who's actual genetic code got snagged to make the drone? He wasn't killed by it—he's at least mentioned in later episodes. But he's, IIRC, never even mentioned in this episode after they drag him unconscious out of the lab.

So does...he have no interest in his surrogate "son" (or "twin brother")? Or any say in it's fate—I mean, in Up the Long Ladder, we've seen Starfleet officers perfectly willing to phaser (possibly) pre-viable clones made by genetic theft. Or does he just get declared an involuntary DNA donor, and told to return to duty and mind his own business?

(Man...what is it with cyborgs from the future opening up ethico-scientific cans of worms?)
bronnt
Officer

Post by bronnt »

BlackoutCreature2 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:05 amWhy wouldn't the video phones, which mostly seem to be used for personal matters, have a button or voice command on them or something?
Because then we couldn't have a titillating joke. Hah! Isn't it funny that the Doctor saw Torres' boobs!? Nobody cares about the logic of the scene, it's just Star Trek!