I've started an SF Debris Wiki

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
King Green
Officer

Re: I've started an SF Debris Wiki

Post by King Green »

Anybody heard a week about what happened to Fandom wikis admin, DrakJack. I been trying to contact him but he's not responding to any of the technical issues on the site since we got 1 week into the pandemic?

Plus if anyone could help, the Harry Potter canon wiki and the Star Wars Expansion Verse hub is having bad graphics issues with the scrolling bar and sound sync.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
technobabbler
Officer

Post by technobabbler »

Fandom's use of autoplay advertising has gotten annoying to the point of avoiding Fandom's wikis all together.

YMMV.
drewder
Officer

Post by drewder »

Does the wiki have a release order of the videos? Often the videos say something about last or next week's videos but not say what they were.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

drewder wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:07 pm Does the wiki have a release order of the videos? Often the videos say something about last or next week's videos but not say what they were.
Chuck has changed hosts so many times, and rewritten and reuploaded, and re-everything'ed, so often that any attempt to pin down an original release order would be impossible. Especially with some of those hosts self-nuking out of existence.
Muzer
Redshirt

Post by Muzer »

YouTube order: http://www.bookgallery.co.il/sfdebris/ click Download then All (though it's slightly misleading as videos that were removed and remade on YouTube are not listed in the originally released order but in the remake order — eg in the Projections review he comments that this was one of his earliest reviews which he has remade due to a copyright strike).

Blip-and-beyond order: https://sfdebris.com/archive.php?p=54
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I really hope one day we can get a proper category by category explanation for the End-of-Episode Awards like Eggshell Cosmos and Ancient Chinese Secrete Huh?. I mean, I can usually kinda get the vibe, but it would be nice to have it all spelled out.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:42 am I really hope one day we can get a proper category by category explanation for the End-of-Episode Awards like Eggshell Cosmos and Ancient Chinese Secrete Huh?. I mean, I can usually kinda get the vibe, but it would be nice to have it all spelled out.
You don't understand those two in particular? Destruction of the universe would be pretty straight forward I'd think.
Power laces... alright.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Not sure where the eggshell cosmos comes from, but "Ancient Chinese Secret, huh?" is a reference to a late 70s/early 80s advert:

youtu.be/1fBDaJi0TbI
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Good thing I never wagered my life savings on that one because I would have just guessed it was from Wayne's World.

Also I thought Fuzzy was asking about what they mean rather than where it comes from, but really I'm not sure on that.
Power laces... alright.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:53 pm "Ancient Chinese Secret, huh?" is a reference to a late 70s/early 80s advert
Haha, wow, I remember that one.

::feels old::