I've started an SF Debris Wiki

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TexasRed
Doctor's Assistant

Re: I've started an SF Debris Wiki

Post by TexasRed »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:06 pm Hey how does this stay on the front page?
Because I pinned it.

Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

You can do that?
Petike
Redshirt

Post by Petike »

TexasRed wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:17 pm Because I pinned it.
Tex, thank you ! I honestly had no idea you did that. Thanks. I'm genuinely humbled.

Also, I've had a busy few weeks and months, work-wise and personally, so didn't have as much time to edit the wiki. Not even during the holiday season. But now, given all this quarantine worldwide, I have the perfect excuse to slowly complete at least some of the stuff I wanted to. Wish me luck.

And I do genuinely welcome anyone else joining in and occassionally helping out. This is a long-term project, that's for sure.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Petike wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:30 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:02 pm Was hoping to see it because I don't really have a definitive explanation for them myself. =/ Ah well.
Burn Baby Burn: Awarded anytime a Star Trek spacecraft (capital ship, shuttle, etc.) gets totalled or destroyed in an episode, often crash-landing or exploding in the process.

Damn Dirty Mutant: Awarded anytime a Star Trek character gets transformed into a mutated creature or other being of a different nature or species.

Do you deem these definitions sufficient ? :)
That looks correct to me.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

It's a start, yes.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
TexasRed
Doctor's Assistant

Post by TexasRed »

Petike wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:00 am
TexasRed wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:17 pm Because I pinned it.
Tex, thank you ! I honestly had no idea you did that. Thanks. I'm genuinely humbled.

Also, I've had a busy few weeks and months, work-wise and personally, so didn't have as much time to edit the wiki. Not even during the holiday season. But now, given all this quarantine worldwide, I have the perfect excuse to slowly complete at least some of the stuff I wanted to. Wish me luck.

And I do genuinely welcome anyone else joining in and occassionally helping out. This is a long-term project, that's for sure.
You're welcome, I did it because I feel that community projects like this are beneficial and generally all'round good things. That being said this is a community project that you and others are under taking purely under your own effort separate and independent from chuck. So make sure that's known. If Chuck helps out then that's up to him, but he is not required to do so. (This is the typical disclaimer thing that I feel should be made clear to everyone involved). Nonetheless, I like this idea and I might pop around from time to time read up as time goes by.

EDIT: And one last thing I wish you all the luck in the world, doin' this kind of stuff ain't easy or quick, and especially in these tryin' times.

PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

TV Tropes has stayed mostly up to date so far, so ... eh, why not?

Given that choas mode is on, I'll toss in with the project. My particular focus for the moment will be release dates.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

This be so helpful with my how many star treks episodes are left.
Petike
Redshirt

Post by Petike »

Doing the Babylon 5 reviews again, until they vanish for a while. :D Might even finish them all, in a few hours at most.
TexasRed wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:19 am That being said this is a community project that you and others are under taking purely under your own effort separate and independent from chuck. So make sure that's known. If Chuck helps out then that's up to him, but he is not required to do so.
I expect no help from SF Debris, whatsoever. Other than a one-off future mention of "Hey, good work, guys.". That's it, really.

The problem isn't really the work itself, just the amount of time needed to cover everything. Certainly enough to keep us busy for a long while.
PerrySimm wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:39 am TV Tropes has stayed mostly up to date so far, so ... eh, why not?

Given that choas mode is on, I'll toss in with the project. My particular focus for the moment will be release dates.
I've already noticed your early contributions. Thank you kindly !
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:43 am This be so helpful with my how many star treks episodes are left.
Still plenty of them to go, though I think SF Debris has covered more than half of the episodes in each series. The feature films and The Animated Series are done and each season of Discovery is basically reviewed in its entirety until the next season shows up.
Petike
Redshirt

Post by Petike »

All the reviews for Space: Above and Beyond, Firefly and the first reviewed episode of Raumpatrouille Orion have been covered. I'll be doing more Trek and B5 reviews shortly, but for now, I want to focus on getting some of the shorter series reviews done.