I've started an SF Debris Wiki

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Petike
Redshirt

I've started an SF Debris Wiki

Post by Petike »

Hello, everyone.

Already in early May, I've started a dedicated (though unofficial) fan wiki for SF Debris, running on the Wikia platform. Though I know some in the SF Debris fandom have used a few external sites to host some summary information on reviewed episodes (scores and such), I've felt we were missing something of a simple database, especially for those who are new to the reviews and might find it daunting where to start. To that end, the wiki would also house all the expected ancilliary information and important links related to SF Debris reviews, in addition to info on the reviews themselves. It's not meant to be a flashy wiki by any means - I haven't even used a single image up until now, though I know how to do that - but I aim to have it be accurate, informative and to-the-point.

https://sfdebris.fandom.com/wiki/SF_Debris_Wiki

I've wanted to keep this a secret for a while, as I developed the general structure of the thing, and the structure of the individual articles. I still need to write a little "Manual of Style", based on the already established structure of the wiki, but I'll get to it in the coming weeks.

The wiki currently has 235 articles, though not all of them are entirely finished yet, and I have also customised the wiki's drop-down menus already a few weeks ago. I hope you like the dark blue colour scheme. I've tried to make it as SF Debris-related, respectful of the site and Chuck's effort, as I could. I've been a fan since the early YT days of the video reviews. "Damned sloppy work" (in the words of captain Sisko) wouldn't have cut the mustard quality-wise, so I consider this a serious personal project related to my hands-down favourite review site on the Internet. And I'd love if the goal I set myself from the start - for it to become a real community wiki - could come to fruition in the future.

If anyone is interested in helping out with expanding the thing, with providing useful constructive feedback, etc., feel free to let me know.

Thank you !
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: I've started an SF Debris Wiki

Post by Yukaphile »

Sure, I'm willing to help it expand in my free time.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Petike
Redshirt

Post by Petike »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:09 pm Sure, I'm willing to help it expand in my free time.
Thank you.

You seem like a bit of an anime enthusiast. Maybe you could help me cover the reviewed anime series in the future, once I get there. :) I'm still mostly stuck on finishing off the Star Trek and Babylon 5 reviews (for now). Plenty of work with those. I'm also doing the book review and supplemental video episodes on the side, whenever I have time to cover them.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Petike wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:44 pm
Yukaphile wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:09 pm Sure, I'm willing to help it expand in my free time.
Thank you.

You seem like a bit of an anime enthusiast. Maybe you could help me cover the reviewed anime series in the future, once I get there. :) I'm still mostly stuck on finishing off the Star Trek and Babylon 5 reviews (for now). Plenty of work with those. I'm also doing the book review and supplemental video episodes on the side, whenever I have time to cover them.
... Are... you just looking at his Avatar?
Power laces... alright.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

There is more to Yuka than you might think based on his avatar.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Aside from DBZ the poppiest anime there is, I've never actually seen him talk about anime.
Power laces... alright.
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Call me a stick in the mud, but this is just going to distract the folks that keep the TvTropes up to date.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

PerrySimm wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:42 pm Call me a stick in the mud, but this is just going to distract the folks that keep the TvTropes up to date.
I'm still fixing a couple things from the ds9 eps on tvtropes such as things mentioned in script but edited out of the eps among other things.
Petike
Redshirt

Post by Petike »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:10 pm ... Are... you just looking at his Avatar?
Mecha82 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:23 pm There is more to Yuka than you might think based on his avatar.
I know, I know. :D But I'm suspecting he is a bit more knowledgeable about anime than me (I've always been more of a casual fan, at best).
PerrySimm wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:42 pm Call me a stick in the mud, but this is just going to distract the folks that keep the TvTropes up to date.
Well, it's not like I'm going to mention this wiki exists outside of these forums.

The wiki's a wholly independent effort. About the only overlap are the numerical ratings for ST episodes, I'm otherwise building the whole thing entirely from scratch.
sayla0079 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:02 amI'm still fixing a couple things from the ds9 eps on tvtropes such as things mentioned in script but edited out of the eps among other things.
I see. The wiki's not really intended as any sort of competition for the TvTropes articles. If anything, it's a database I've founded under the premise of "the more, the merrier".
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Petike wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:44 pm
Thank you.

Search this board. Yuka + Poparena.