Evangelion 3.33 Review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
LavarosVA
Officer

Re: Evangelion 3.33 Review

Post by LavarosVA »

3.0+1.0 are definitely releasing next year. Supposedly the animation is halfway done already, and the first ten minutes of the film was shown at an event in France this past week.

Gathering some more thoughts about the movie, in terms of how the story is told, I don't think seeing or knowing anything about the TV series is needed. Though wanting to know why the creative staff did what they did might require some background knowledge. Like the expansion on Kaworu and Rei III.
ran76
Redshirt

Post by ran76 »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:17 pm The biggest mystery is still, what kind of person Yui must have been, to have a relation and child with someone like Gendo.
I always had the impression that Yui's "death" kinda fucked Gendo up in the head. If you look at some of the alternate reality mangas where Yui is alive, Gendo comes across as a decent guy.
Kendrakirai
Officer

Post by Kendrakirai »

I absolutely *despise* 3.33 because it resets the entirety of Shinji’s development.

Misato with her flip from ‘do what you want to do, not because somebody tells you to do it’ to ‘If you even friggin *breathe* when we don’t tell you do, we’ll blow your goddamn head off’

Apparently nobody told Asuka that Shinji was *literally* not in control of the EVA when it almost ate her, so she’s still super pissed about it.

Shinji risked *everything* for Rei and she’s just *gone* now, with the new one being an empty copy.

And the only apparent reason to do it was because that boy was finally starting to get happy!

It’s like Anno left them to made Rebuild 1 and 2, walked in a week before release, saw what was going on and went ‘wait what? HOW DARE YOU MAKE THAT LITTLE SH!T HAPPY!’ Made them add the Kaworu bit to the credits, and then took over for 3 to make him *really* suffer.

Screw Rebuild 3.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

In that light I am not sure if I want Anno to make that 4th Rebuild movie that was promised so many years ago after all. Maybe it's best that Rebuild movie series is left to rest when first two movies in series are only good ones.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard