Evangelion 3.33 Review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Evangelion 3.33 Review

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

Chuck complains a lot about being confused by the Lore, but the problem is the Lore was never as important as the hardcore fans wanted it to be.

I recommend watching the YouTube video called The Curse of Evangelion, by a YouTuber who's name is a Period.
Gruntagen
Redshirt

Re: Evangelion 3.33 Review

Post by Gruntagen »

Hey Mithrandir. Been a while since r/Digibro. You know it's easier to find videos when you give links to them rather than tell us it's impossible to find because the creator's name isn't a name. Heck, we don't even know what kind of video you're linking us to, whether it's an misled overanalysis about #deeplore, or an actual video made by a sane person.

Anyways, re: Chuck's video, I feel like the first person to criticize his pronunciation is going to make him tear his hair out. So I'll just say how ironic it is for him to blow up at pronouncing Mari's name, when he actually got her name right.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

I'm always unsure which Forums allow me to post links and which do not. I've been banned for that a few times. It's the only video that should come up searching the name I provided, you as a Digibro follower should know I'm referring to Rikafag.

I have actually been a follow of Chuck's Content longer then Digi's, though not by much since it was the Madoka reviews I started with.
Gruntagen
Redshirt

Post by Gruntagen »

It's got a edit option for URLs and an edit option for Youtube videos. I think you're fine.

...Oh god, is this the guy who made that video Digi blew up at in his Bloodborne playthrough for not getting K-On? The one he called a low-rent Demo ripoff?
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

I'm not aware of him doing a K-On Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHIvs0Q-uKI

BTW, looking at your earlier posts, I disagree with any assumption Chuck would be less confused if he watched the series first. As someone who did watch all of Eva in order I feel these movies actually explain things better. I know form forums Rei was a sort of clone of Shinji's mom mixed with material from Lilith, but i honestly didn't realize that was supposedly explained in episode 23 till like the 3rd time I saw it.
Gruntagen
Redshirt

Post by Gruntagen »

I don't believe it'd lead to less confusion. I just disagree with the idea that these films should be the proper experience with Evangelion.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

If I had understood correctly Misato didn't even try to explain anything to Shinji so him going with Rei was pretty much easy choice for him leading up for him to be manipulated by his father. I get that Shinji can be annoying emo who rarely listens but still Misato could had at least tried talking to him instead of treating him like stranger. After all she was one person besides of Rei whom he trusted and felt secure to be around since she had been so kind to him back then.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Gruntagen
Redshirt

Post by Gruntagen »

Mecha82 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:10 pm If I had understood correctly Misato didn't even try to explain anything to Shinji so him going with Rei was pretty much easy choice for him leading up for him to be manipulated by his father. I get that Shinji can be annoying emo who rarely listens but still Misato could had at least tried talking to him instead of treating him like stranger. After all she was one person besides of Rei whom he trusted and felt secure to be around since she had been so kind to him back then.
Probably because she's forgotten how to be soft between time skips.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Are you one of Digi's Patrons? Maybe you could make him rant about SFdebris Anime reviews?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

MithrandirOlorin wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:30 pmI'm always unsure which Forums allow me to post links and which do not.
What kind of forum forbids posting links? What the flying fuck? I get why TinyURLs are not welcome and generally agree in the modern age of hyperlinking, but links as a whole? :shock:
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox