Planetes: 1-4

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Planetes: 1-4

Post by Darth Wedgius »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/anime/planetes1.php

Space, the final dump. Their mission, running around and picking stuff up.

I like the animation, the characters, and the idea. These are bona fide astronauts doing vital work and getting no respect for it, though admittedly a lot of the members might be a bit rough around the edges.

And I completely buy that being in space would become just another day on the job. Even Captain Kirk couldn't start every watch looking forward to it.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Planetes: 1-4

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I do wish Chuck mentioned how most millionaire now a days are first generation millionaire in America.
SpaceCobra
Redshirt

Post by SpaceCobra »

I'm so psyched that Chuck is reviewing this! Finally, one of the best hard sci-fi anime (albeit with a little on-the-nose Iraq War-era political commentary) gets a look.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

This is one of my more favorite series. I'm happy to see him taking the show on.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

This review was nice surprise. Planetes has actually interesting premise and it's pretty much hard sci-fi anime when those aren't common. When it comes to sci-fi anime you mostly see space opera anime like Legend of the Galactic Heroes (which is classic that has modern remake) and mecha anime like Gundam. Personalities of two main characters are also so different that it makes they interaction so great.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

I was really hoping this video could make me actually watch this series but it only reminded me of why I never got past episode one. Cringe is not something I stomach.

Edit, just to note, I did not get past the three minute mark in the review either.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
Fourth Dimension
Redshirt

Post by Fourth Dimension »

Should we mention to Chuck that "I"'s name pretty much literaly means LOOOOVE :D

But yes, Ai can get reeeeaaaaaaaaly annoying when she is on one of her crusades.
[url=https://discord.gg/WhuNjQj]Midchilda: Nanoha Discord server[/url]
Kendrakirai
Officer

Post by Kendrakirai »

Gods, Ai with the dead body. What a horrible self-righteous bitch! She’s dumping all of her own feelings onto this poor guy’s corpse. He was already dead when he got sent up, it’s not like he could actually regret it!

I’ve never seen this show, but just what little Chuck shows us makes me hate her and, really, everybody else!
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

I love this series, particularly the opening credits. Although maybe a soft rock song would work better as the music... :p
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I greatly enjoyed this series, and have been looking forward to the review. It's great hard SF, you get good character development, and it illustrates a real issue, one of our own making.