Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

Someone must have mentioned it at some point, but Children of Men is chock-full of thought-provoking stuff that's very much worthy of discussion.
The owls are not what they seem.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Just from a personal nostalgia point of view, a couple episodes from The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

If it was going to be something that I personally loved, I'd get Chuck in on some of the Ghibli films. But... for something in his genre and wheelhouse that would be fascinating to see him take a stab at?

Primer.

A film I first became aware of because of XKCD. It's kind of a dull movie but its a low budget film all about the accidental discovery of time travel and loops. It's often described as something that requires either multiple viewings or being a savant to get the first time through.... but I did fine on my first outing... but that may only be because I've watched a lot of things involving time travel and closed loops (like in Futurama especially) and because I knew what I was getting into going in. Still, I think it'd be an interesting one for Chuck to handle.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote:Someone must have mentioned it at some point, but Children of Men is chock-full of thought-provoking stuff that's very much worthy of discussion.
If I didn't mention it, I ought to have. Its quite possible one of my top five films of this millennium thus far.

Its also perhaps the only film adaptation of a book I've seen that I preferred to the book, no offence intended to the author.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Actually, Galaxy Rangers would have a limited appear. If I were to get a review, it would probably be two episodes of that one work that is run through and through with poignant and wistful insight into the human condition, Megas XLR.

Probably "Test Drive" and "Rearview Mirror, Mirror."
Laeril
Redshirt

Post by Laeril »

Fullmetal Alchemist. As long as there are minimal "arm and a leg" jokes.
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." - Douglas Adams
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

Laeril wrote:Fullmetal Alchemist. As long as there are minimal "arm and a leg" jokes.
Agreed. Besides, isn't this a show about turning lead into gold in Vietnam? ;)
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---
Archon_Wing
Redshirt

Post by Archon_Wing »

Personally, it'd be Angel Beats! Though it's wacky enough that I am not sure if it'd be too much of a burden of whatever is going on now, especially after the terror of Kannuzaki no Miko.

But then again, you do have a borderline megalomaniacal leader that gets written as both being very protective of her "crew" while somehow always reveling in their misery. Somehow I think she would get along pretty well with Janeway.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I'm sure they've been mentioned before, but I'd really like to see Chuck review Star Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond, so he has the full set of films.
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

The Romulan Republic wrote:I'm sure they've been mentioned before, but I'd really like to see Chuck review Star Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond, so he has the full set of films.
+1

Maybe one will be this year's Xmas episode? At the least we know Transformers won't be this year as B.O.T was just done (unless it'll be the episode that was so racist it made Casey Kasem quit).