Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Asvarduil
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Asvarduil »

The Romulan Republic wrote:I'm sure they've been mentioned before, but I'd really like to see Chuck review Star Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond, so he has the full set of films.
I second this. Particularly Beyond, since it has some vague callbacks to Enterprise, only without instances of 'Archer was a genocidial dick crazy-person.'
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Dînadan wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:I'm sure they've been mentioned before, but I'd really like to see Chuck review Star Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond, so he has the full set of films.
+1

Maybe one will be this year's Xmas episode? At the least we know Transformers won't be this year as B.O.T was just done (unless it'll be the episode that was so racist it made Casey Kasem quit).
Isn't Christmas reserved for the worst episode of a series, traditionally? I haven't seen Beyond, but it seems fairly positively or at least neutrally regarded, while Into Darkness got a lot of criticism, but from Chuck's initial mini-review of it, he didn't seem to regard it as "worst film" material.
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Dînadan wrote:
+1

Maybe one will be this year's Xmas episode? At the least we know Transformers won't be this year as B.O.T was just done (unless it'll be the episode that was so racist it made Casey Kasem quit).
Isn't Christmas reserved for the worst episode of a series, traditionally? I haven't seen Beyond, but it seems fairly positively or at least neutrally regarded, while Into Darkness got a lot of criticism, but from Chuck's initial mini-review of it, he didn't seem to regard it as "worst film" material.
Depends on what is classed as a distinct series; iirc the first ten Trek films were split into TOS and TNG with a worst TOS (STV) and a worst TNG (Nemesis), so it'd only be natural for there to be a worst Reboot at some point, which currently can only be Darkness or Beyond (although unless it's been announced there'll be no more reboot films, that may be classed as an ongoing 'series' so a worst will be held off until it's been completed). Also, remember the Trek scores are relative to its series, so a totally amazing film can still get a 'worst' rating if the other entries in a series are better; it's like how say a Voyager or Enterprise '5' can be more like a TNG or DS9 '3' or '4'.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

little witch acedmia is another series id like to see him review
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

Random idea that just occurred to me re: this year's Xmas 'worst' special; I know Chuck's said he refuses to do the Star Wars prequels, but what if he's decided to relax that and do one for this year?
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

Dînadan wrote:Random idea that just occurred to me re: this year's Xmas 'worst' special; I know Chuck's said he refuses to do the Star Wars prequels, but what if he's decided to relax that and do one for this year?
Can we please wait for the Hermit's Journey to start the prequel fans vs prequel haters flame war?
I'm trying to limit myself to pedantic corrections for the moment.
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

My prediction for the Christmas episode is that it's going to be either The X-Files or Stargate Atlantis' Worst episode.

I think Babylon 5 is out of the running since the most likely candidates (Infection and Grey 17 is Missing) have already been reviewed.
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

What about TKO?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
nebagram
Officer

Post by nebagram »

I'd be willing to bet TKO is this year's Christmas special, especially given the amount of B5 Chuck's been doing recently.
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

GandALF wrote:
Dînadan wrote:Random idea that just occurred to me re: this year's Xmas 'worst' special; I know Chuck's said he refuses to do the Star Wars prequels, but what if he's decided to relax that and do one for this year?
Can we please wait for the Hermit's Journey to start the prequel fans vs prequel haters flame war?
I'm trying to limit myself to pedantic corrections for the moment.
Is it really hate flaming to say "this decisive entry in a series might snag the title of 'worst' if said series is up for this year"?

Besides, the Hermits Journey is going to be about the making of the prequels and what lead to their creation, not about the strengths and weaknesses of the films themselves; that will happen in reviews of the relevant films themselves. And that assumes they will actually get reviewed; as previously stated, the PT was barred from review, so unless that's been relaxed, they won't get reviewed, and in turn can't snag a 'Worst' anyway.