Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
rocklobster
Redshirt

Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by rocklobster »

Quantum Leap
The Netflix Marvel shows
Voltron: Legendary Defender
Trigun
And because I love when he waxes philosophical, .hack//sign and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
animalia
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by animalia »

I requested the first 4 episode of Evangelion a while back.
SlackerinDeNile
Officer

Post by SlackerinDeNile »

Keep in mind he probably won't be doing requests for a very long time, if you didn't already know. Sorry to be a smartass, just a reminder.

Anyway, on topic, LEXX LEXX LEXX! I would love to see Chuck's reaction to the pilot movie, when this show was good it was so wonderfully bizarre, playful and over the top, but when it was bad it was freaking annoying...I would love to know what was up with the three Canadian weirdos who wrote this show.

I'd love to see him review the game SOMA, there's a lot to talk about there, especially regarding modern technology.

Would Black Mirror be suitable or is it already too deconstructive by itself?

Nowhere Man had a lot of sci-fi elements, I'd be interested to see what he thinks of the premise and the writing of the show.
"I am to liquor what the Crocodile Hunter is to Alligators." - Afroman
animalia
Officer

Post by animalia »

I have saved up $150. As soon as requests are open again. I plan to request the Highlander movie.
FakeGeekGirl
Officer

Post by FakeGeekGirl »

The 4400. It's a very underrated gem of science fiction television in my opinion. It's twisty and morally complicated and has a great mystery (that sadly never got solved due to early cancellation) and had interesting characters.

And I need Chuck making jokes about River Tam getting together with Weyoun (or General Schran or Dr. West if you prefer) in my life.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

I wish we had gotten the review of the actual Fringe episode "Peter" rather than the random throwaway episode that was accidentally reviewed. I don't recall if it was stated that Peter is in the cards at some point in the future, but it's too bad that Chuck's introduction to the show seemed to be spoiled somewhat.

Starting on a new show can be such a commitment, I'm not sure what I'd even want to see reviewed. I like his reviews of older stuff, where he can show off his research skills and make the usual jokes.

One example- a series of reviews of The War of the Worlds in all (or at least several) of its forms: original novel-Orson Welles' infamous radio drama-one of the best sci-fi movies of the 50s-a tv show sequel in the 80s-a modern Spielburg adaption. I wouldn't dare to request such a task even if requests were open, but it would be fun to see. So would something like The Fly or Them!

Video game reviews are also fun. I'd like to see Chuck's take on more adventure games, or two of my favorite series- Deus Ex and STALKER.
The owls are not what they seem.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

His reactions to Desert Punk would be pretty awesome.
Ghilz
Officer

Post by Ghilz »

Earth Final Conflict. Weirdly enough. It's a show that had a ton of potential, but suffered for constant recurring identity issues. Trying to re-invent itself every season. I'd love to see Chuck's take on it.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Berserk
The rest of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
The rest of Cowboy Bebop
Last Exile
Yukikaze
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Baccano!
Dirty Pair
Planetes
The Big O
Higurashi
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Crist
Toward the Terra
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

I personally can't wait for him to finish The Legend of Korra. More DCAU would be nice as well. And a review of Mass Effect 3, although I suspect he'll be rather acerbic about the ending.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!