Lilo and Stitch

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Lilo and Stitch

Post by RobbyB1982 »

youtu.be/ndcxM3E9uTg

My favorite web reviewer covers one of my favorite movies. Nice!

This wasn't even on the schedule, apparently there wee technical difficulties with the scheduled stuff.

I've seen this movie more time than I can count... and I never thought about Pudge the Fish that way. Damn.
Last edited by RobbyB1982 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TGLS
Captain

Re: Lilo and Stitch

Post by TGLS »

Huh?
Schedule wrote:27-Jan • Idiocracy
What happen?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

TGLS wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:21 pm Huh?
Schedule wrote:27-Jan • Idiocracy
What happen?
He mentioned technical difficulties on twitter. Content ID or footage corruption or what, I dunno.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

What I'm taking from this is mainly that, with Chuck spread out over the internet with his videos, is that the entire streaming ecosystem is about to collapse now. Right?
CareerKnight
Officer

Post by CareerKnight »

Wow Chuck, with all your recent problems you now risk the wrath of Disney? Is just on the off chance of being able to tell them personally "fuck you very much" for killing blip?

Good review and brought up some stuff I hadn't considered with Lilo.
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Weirdly, Disney is one of the least-litigious IP holders in terms of policing youtube for contentID.
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

You know... I get the feeling that Chuck is specifically choosing the most ridiculous frames of animation to use as visual backgrounds for the review deliberately.

And it's hilarious.

Also, the directors/writers completely succeeded in making the family fighting feel utterly real and awkward and uncomfortable at the beginning of the movie. It's honestly hard to watch, though that's not a bad thing.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

Ah Lilo and Stitch, the movie I appreciate more and more the older I get.

The fantastical sci-fi elements I think work well with the more realistic drama and in many ways enhance it. Lilo and Stitch are both two young souls that are completely lost in their situation, Lilo coping from the death of her parents and Stitch unable to act upon his more destructive programming.

There's a scene that I find incredibly poignant, after gotten Nani fired and wrecked up his new home Stitch wanders about aimlessly and Jumba observes that he never thought about what a genetically-engineered destroyer would do after there's nothing left to destroy and ponders what it must be like to not even have memories to visit in the middle of the night.

Disney is no stranger to the dead parents trope but I think this movie tackles it the best of all because it shows just how damaging it is to the two sisters. Lilo's attempts at rationalizing it the best she can with her active imagination to try and hold back all the feelings she has and Nani is obviously not ready to be a parent. This may be the best representation of a sisterly relation in any Disney film, and yes I'm putting it above "Frozen" (which is an over-shilled hack film anyway).
Sailor Nimue
Redshirt

Post by Sailor Nimue »

Honestly, I'm a fan of the interpretation that Lilo is autistic. It certainly explained why I related to her so much as a kid.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

this was one my favorite movies as a kid, and seeing up in my yt rec was a very happy surprise.i have seen similar points made about pudge the fish on tumblr and how david is the best boyfriend EVER!also i have one thing to say to agent Bubbles why the FUCKIN HELL you picked mosquitoes,yeah it helped us, but those bloodsuckers!