A Look at Idiocracy

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Al-1701
Officer

Re: A Look at Idiocracy

Post by Al-1701 »

His breakdown on how the Capitol Insurrection coincided with him starting the background script was pretty funny.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Al-1701 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:27 pm His breakdown on how the Capitol Insurrection coincided with him starting the background script was pretty funny.
Yup. Now for a competent coup, look at Burma right now. See, American pigdog capitalist dupes, that is how professionals do a coup.
Al-1701
Officer

Post by Al-1701 »

CrypticMirror wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:55 pm
Al-1701 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:27 pm His breakdown on how the Capitol Insurrection coincided with him starting the background script was pretty funny.
Yup. Now for a competent coup, look at Burma right now. See, American pigdog capitalist dupes, that is how professionals do a coup.
But it didn't involve a shirtless guy wearing a buffalo hat.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

Not to sound like a nit picky fan,why has the band SABATON not made a song about T-REXs being used in WW2,i mean come on low hanging fruit guys!
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

Is... is it a form of schadenfreude to enjoy this review? Is that wrong?

This movie, at least seeing it in the review, is stupidly hilarious, and deliberately so. I will probably never watch the actual movie, but the review gave me a lot of laughs, and a goodly amount of insight into subjects brought up by the movie.

I especially enjoyed the segment with Comrade Puppet and Tim.
Imperator-zor
Redshirt

Post by Imperator-zor »

Honestly the government handling an agricultural crisis just makes sense.

Zor
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Jonathan101 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:47 pm I think the Marxist propaganda puppet won that argument to be honest.

Not that either he or the robot have the right answer, but leaning left here. Tim seems to be more describing the problem rather than analysing the underlying reasons
Except that Tim is correct in where Marxism goes over the cliff.
Power laces... alright.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:04 pm
Jonathan101 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:47 pm I think the Marxist propaganda puppet won that argument to be honest.

Not that either he or the robot have the right answer, but leaning left here. Tim seems to be more describing the problem rather than analysing the underlying reasons
Except that Tim is correct in where Marxism goes over the cliff.
Is not the lifestyle of the average man in Idiocracy not unlike the lifestyle of those in West Blinsk, to lie on the beach and watch television*?
*In Tuxedoes

"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Plus you think that the communist nations wouldn't love a population of people to stupid to question their authority)
Al-1701
Officer

Post by Al-1701 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:35 pm Plus you think that the communist nations wouldn't love a population of people to stupid to question their authority)
Which suggests this might be the lighter version of Humanity getting dumber. As they get rarer, the smart people might just take over and make themselves the ruling class since they can run things. Though, that wouldn't be as funny or solved by a modern average Joe.